Car Setups question

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by clevername, Nov 16, 2015.

1. clevername

clevername Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    Sorry if this is a dumb question, searched and could not find the answer. I'm still fairly new to this game. Are all or most setup options locked down in the garage? I cannot seem to change gearing, etc. in the various cars/classes I have tried out. Or, am I missing something.

2. Why485

Why485 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 0 / -0
    I know some of the difficulty settings below get real will lock out garage settings. Even on Get Real though, not all cars can be tweaked in all ways. Like for example, there are a lot of cars that you can't change specific gear ratios. From what I understand, you can only tweak what would actually be tweakable on the real car.

3. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    For realism purposes some of the setting that shouldn't be available in real life are also locked out in game.

4. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    Yepp - especially in GTR3 some users might wonder, why they can't change their Gear-Ratio or Diff-Settings as befor the update.

At the moment the presentment of the Car-Setup-Menu is a bit buggy. I hope when that will be fixed, the inactive functions will be greyed out a bit.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. GregoryLeo

GregoryLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +360 / 0 / -0
    In a lot of the cars, the GT2 for example you can't change any individual gear ratios. But you can change the final (206) 992-4782drive. If you need more or less speed of the longest straightaway, That may be your only option.