[CFEG] Championship commentator wanted

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by OverTheLine, Feb 27, 2017.

1. OverTheLine

OverTheLine Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +210 / 0 / -0
    2017-02-25 1206 0003.jpg

Hello

now i know right, "for god sake stop posting stuff man" :p

I am sorry i just cant stay away from this forum, ahem, anywayyy.. I am currently looking for a commentator that can speak good, clear english for our upcoming Raceroom endurance series. which is 30m qualy and then 90m race.

The applicant MUST
    - Speak clear english (preferably first language)
    - be free on the LAST Sunday of every month
    - have good stable internet connection
    - Be able to use the spectator tool supplied by R3E
    - have knowledge of OBS or other streaming platforms
    - Be willing to download files (Intro videos, commercial breaks should you need one) etc etc

If you are interested please send us a youtube video link of yourself commentating on a race to just show some general knowledge etc of how you would work. :) then if all is good you get the green light and we give you the details to host our streams etc.

If you have any questions then let me know

Cheeeeers
    OTL

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2017
  2. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Well I come from the West country in good old Blighty, unfortunately coming from this geographical location lumbers me with the voice of a farmer, with yokel overtones, so will pass on this one but if S3 ever release tractor racing, I'm your man! ;)

• Funny Funny x 2
  3. OverTheLine

Ratings:
    +210 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for showing interest :) again we are happy for you to run some trials which will be our smaller 25 minute events prior to the big 90m events. In order to complete a trial you will be expected to stream a race with commentary from your own twitch account and send us the link to it (the saved version that is)... once we have done that and if we are happy then we can go ahead with giving you access to the larger events and give you some intro videos etc :)

If your interested then simply start a convo with me for full details (should you have any questions)

4. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    Can't be any worse than David Croft :D

Or that ex F1 commentator who should have been a horse racing commentator instead, Johnathon Legard (not sure that's spelled right but don't really care).

5. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
  6. RedBreast

RedBreast Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    I'd love to trial... however I want to race too!! :confused:

Probably need a better headset / microphone too. And for the children to foxtrot-oscar on a race evening. Not sure SWMBO would like that one!!

7. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    Dont want to sound too rude but some of the direction on Sunday left a little to be desired, way too long early focusd on the LMP cars, i watched the first 15 mins, 0 GT3 time, a lot of flicking past battles and developing battles were ignored, at the end, last 5-6 mins or so, the LMP was pretty much settled but there was a good battle for the lead of the GT3 class and the camera was focused on one mid pack BMW GT3 car not really influencing or doing anything.
    Hope you can take it as constructive rather than critical.

8. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    Can see where your coming from with your comments, unfortunately though, it's an "auto-director", can maybe have a word with @mape and see if there's anything he can do as it's his baby. :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. RedBreast

RedBreast Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    I'd assume that the person commentating can do some kind of camera change thing?

10. OverTheLine

Ratings:
    +210 / 0 / -0
    The person spectating (using the tool) can change cars and decide what he watches with the overlay active.. However if left to its own device then it will randomly select cars, hence the frustration...thats why i would really like to have a commentator who can follow the race, and bring the exciting stuff to the front throughout the race

11. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    Ive never watched a live sim race and as i was toying with the idea of entering i thought i would watch a little to see what i was missing, just my observations, at least i know why now.

• Like Like x 1
  12. ::SKRO::

::SKRO:: Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +972 / 0 / -0
    It's not randomized as the auto-director , if I recall well, switches to cars who have an increment of performance and follow a pretty extensive sets of rules. I know also that recently the spectator got bugged as the camera, even if it's set to manual mode, starts cycling on its own. @MeMotS can you confirm that this is what's happening?

13. OverTheLine

Ratings:
    +210 / 0 / -0
  14. OverTheLine

Ratings:
    +210 / 0 / -0
  15. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    ill do it ;)
    that way your kids will have a larger vocabulary

Andi

• Funny Funny x 2
  16. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
  17. Andy Blade

Andy Blade Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    I don't think he is joking he knows lots of four letter words ;)

• Funny Funny x 3
  18. OverTheLine

Ratings:
    +210 / 0 / -0
    if you are interested then please message me :) if you could make a small video for us that would be great also, just like a replay or something with you commentating, :) suzuka race is this sunday

19. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    Spoke to him earlier, he was joking.
    I think he just assumes people know him as an inappropriate choice as a commentator, unless you want a broadcast without a child friendly word in it? :D

20. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    I dont know any children playing RaceRoom. Sim racing is a man's sport. Beer drinking, swearing, and lots of crashing into people at T1.

I say give him the job :D

• Funny Funny x 1