Challenges | some thoughts...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by AndreasAUT, Jun 26, 2021.

1. AndreasAUT

AndreasAUT Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Hi Dev´s and Sim Racer´s,

I really like chasing hotlaps in these events ( Wettbewerbe ). I really like the fact that 1 random guy of a group ( A, B, C... ) can earn VRP, as long as he is within the 10 best drivers in his group.

First off all, I dont ask for more VRP shootout :D

Off course, there are car´s which will suit some track´s more and some less. But it is a bit sad when you watch a leaderboard and the first 20 car´s are all the same. So this just leads to: " if you want to be under the top 10 or the best, take this car and NOTHING else ".

How about the best driver of a brand can ( sometimes ) win something? It would motivate racers to take other car´s too ( and maybe like and enjoy them ) instead of just focusing the best car´s in the group. I know, this would be extreme in GT3 for excample with so many different car´s in this group.

I am really curious about your opinion: is it just stupid, take the "best" car for that event and move on...?

And yes, I like to take underdog car´s and drive them like no tomorrow, even if your winning chance is WAY less than taking the top car´s of the group.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    All cars are BOPd to run together but some cars have inherent strengths which will suit a certain track, so it's not uncommon to find that sometimes one car is indeed faster. Without throwing away real data and just making all cars the same under the skin that's the way it is.

3. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    I agree and I came up with same idea when I was thinking about all that "you need to take the best car" thing. Maybe not necessary for vRP prices, but I think it's a good idea to also compare drivers in the same car, not only between all the cars at once. Maybe in a different type of competitions or series or whatever.

Something like "Manufacturer's series" in GT Sport. I think this sort of competitions not only makes slower cars more popular and relevant, but also kind of brings drivers and cars together, makes a bond, makes it look like everything has its place in the game instead of just sitting there as remnants of the past.

It's the same few cars that are faster no matter the track. Or at least that's the feeling I can't shake, no matter how often people mention BOP and that different tracks suit different cars.

• Winner Winner x 1
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2021
  4. AndreasAUT

AndreasAUT Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Yes, Maskerader, this is exactly what I ment.
    I never had the intention with starting this thread to change something to the cars. My idea was just to motivate other drivers to pick a different car and maybe reward them if they do some outstanding times with it ( even if its less powerfull than other car´s ).
    For excample, when I just watch the Hockenheim DTM92 list, the first 18 cars are all Audi quattro. Or take the GT3 series, most time, its the mercedes who will win ( no matter if challenge or races ).

5. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    Well, regarding GT3 class I don't think it has one best car. M6 is on top in Brno, 911 was on top in Hockenheim. Audi is looking strong on many tracks together with the AMG.

The problem with this class, to me, is that we have 23 GT3-spec cars in the game and more than half of them seem to be irrelevant in terms of competition. It makes me sad every time I look at these cars.

On the other hand, this might create a bit of a pressure on people who do not own a lot of cars. If you only have a few cars, say you only bought the fastest ones because it's reasonable, you might find yourself in a much tougher competition than if you pick an unpopular car. In GT Sport this is not an issue because all competing cars are available to everyone, but R3E treats it differently.