Citroen Elysee 2016 WTCC - high speed handling trouble

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lixma, Jul 17, 2017.

1. Lixma

Lixma Honorary QA

Ratings:
    +174 / 0 / -0
    So I took it for a test drive around Suzuka. Front wheel drive, a bit weird at first but whatever.

I get around the circuit OK and approach 130R at speed but cautiously. The instant I turn the wheel to the left the car turns in violently and I go sliding sideways across the circuit. Huh.

I dust myself off and set out down the main straight. I brake early and turn into T1 and exactly the same thing happens. At high speed it feels as if my steering ratio is ramped up to 200 - any wheel movement more than a couple of degrees causes the car to oversteer wildly.

What's going on? I don't own any other 2016 WTCC cars to compare but none of the other cars I've used behave anything like this. Am I doing something wrong? I really don't want to start messing with speed-sensitive settings because every other car behaves itself.

2. XXVI Sol

XXVI Sol Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +104 / 0 / -0
    this sudden oversteer is normal,its the way these cars fight fwd understeer.Move brake bias more to the front,increase rear wing until u learn the car more and allways apply a little throttle midcorner

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. keanos

keanos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +137 / 0 / -0
    Normal behavior of those cars, watch some videos of Yvan Muller driving this car, on some tracks he was sliding nearly every corner at least a little.