Clock ticking on V8 Supercars

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ty Duff, Aug 23, 2015.

1. Ty Duff

Ty Duff Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +54 / 0 / -0
    I read that Volvo is out of STCC at the end of this year and V8 Supercars at the end of next, now that they are run by someone who thinks boat racers represent their brand better than car races. Ford says they are out as well (guess we will see). There will of course be a big change at the end of 2016.

Reiza is beating Sector3 to the punch with their unofficial V8 releasing soon.

With only Bathurst and Ford & Volvo licenses (as far as has been divulged) is the clock ticking on Sector3 getting good value out of V8 Supercar licenses, which still seem a way off?

Would an historic season (mid nineties or early two thousands) be a better bet if the Holden could be licensed?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  2. Cheeseman

Cheeseman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +265 / 0 / -0
    Note that Reiza only had one V8. The other 4 cars are being made by a mod team called OZV8.

Still, it would be great to see 2014 V8 in R3E. It is the perfect engine for these kind of cars.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Fleskebacon

Fleskebacon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +258 / 0 / -0
    It doesn't matter what seasons or what cars they make, as long as it's a Volvo... ;)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Nigel Fox

Nigel Fox Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +92 / 0 / -0
    Realistically, we should see some more Aussie locations for a proper V8 Supercars "experience," but I'd be up for that with time. To be honest, I'd rather the team maximize the potential of what they have in the game now before they begin offering "side dishes" in the RaceRoom buffet.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    I'll be honest, Reiza's V8 has quelled my interest for it in R3E. It's very good and almost all of the tracks are already present in SCE. When the V8 mod is released with all the models, I can't imagine paying for V8's in another sim and tracks to go along with it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Sean Lander

Sean Lander Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +65 / 0 / -0
    Big changes coming to Aussie V8s so that could be why Sector 3 are waiting. I mean in 2017 they won't even be just V8s any more and I'm sure we'll see a whole bunch of new manufacturers entering the competition. Ford are showing renewed interest with the possibility of a Mustang racing.

But there are so many fantastic tracks with the likes of Phillip Island, Melbourne, Pukehoe, Sandown, Surfers Paradise, Adelaide and Eastern Creek it would be great to see Sector 3 showing some love to us Australasian fans.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2015
  7. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    with the refusal to add huge run offs every were i can see ozzie tracks (and pukehoe) as my favorites. plus more american tracks that follow the no run off rule. also we could do with some more street tracks and Adelaide and gold coast are very good street tracks.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Travis P

Travis P Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +65 / 0 / -0
    Not sure why people think V8's are on the way out: http://www.v8supercars.com.au/news/championship/v8-supercars-blueprint-for-2017-and-beyond

V8's along with turbo 4 and 6 cylinder engines are on the design spec for 2017 and beyond plus the fans of the series love the V8 sound. GMH and Ford not making cars in Australia won't be a hindrance to them having V8 powered cars on the grid either.

As for Volvo, the latest rumour is a turbo 4 cylinder wagon (or estate if you live in the UK): http://www.carsguide.com.au/car-news/volvo-wagon-tipped-for-v8-supercars-in-2017-31483

As for the V8's in R3E, I'm sure the cars are being discussed behind the scenes. More Aussie tracks are needed in R3E to make it worthwhile; Bathurst on it's own won't be enough of a drawcard. As we've not seen a complete representation of the V8 Supercar series since Codemaster's TOCA days, it would be a great for Sector 3 to have a V8 Experience.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. Flavourlicious

Flavourlicious Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +148 / 0 / -0
    Turn10 just announced that Forza 6 will have all five 2015 spec V8 Supercars.

10. shardshunt

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    I hope this doesn't hinder r3e's attempt to get licences

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    hm, sounds a bit like a bad news as Microsoft-Studios always try's to get exclusive content to leave Sony behind :(

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Flavourlicious

Ratings:
    +148 / 0 / -0
    I think it depends if S3S is planning a complete pack/experience or just a few cars with a few liveries.

13. shardshunt

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    considering all the cars have the same chassis I don't mind if they only get a couple.

for thoes about to argue the difference between the cars is basically just look sound and reliability. (understand the the competition is so competitive that ford advantage is less than 0.2 of a second but considering that the field is so tight (often less than a second first-Last) that little advantage is why they win so often. The Volvo is also a bit faster than the others(similar style to the fords) but has a lot of reliability problems and (comparatively) junior drivers.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. alesi27

alesi27 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +233 / 0 / -0
    Forza photos state an "Only on XBOX" stamp so it seems that 2015 V8 Supercars are out of the question.But I will be equally happy if we can have last year's models at least for Ford,Volvo and Nissan.Make it happen,people...

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Doesnt Sector3 have the license to the Volvo S60?

Im pretty sure they do and have talked about getting more down the road. I agree those would be cool to see in R3E, but as an experience, idk. It seems the V8SC license is pretty elusive to just about every racing game. So individual cars seem more likely.

Also of note, the Reiza V8SC is a fantasy car based on the real world Holden, I think... Reiza is then supplying physics for a mod team to make the remaining V8SC's which will have actual branding.

So, as far as first party content goes, it will still be a while before anyone else than iR has a real V8SC... R3E has plenty of time ;)

16. Flavourlicious

Ratings:
    +148 / 0 / -0
    2014 pack would be good enough for me. :p

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. shardshunt

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    just the volvo would be good enough for me (even better with custom skins).
    I would make the entire feild.

• Agree Agree x 1