Problem ClubSport Shifter SQ R and First Gear

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Max, Feb 23, 2016.

1. Max

Max Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +141 / 0 / -0
    I have a Problem with my shifter and R3E. I cant set R and 1 Gear to the same time. The R3E says both positions are the same button. I drive the CSW V1. I dont have the problem in other games.
    Have any one an solution for this problem

2. le_poilu

le_poilu Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    This is strange.

In the fanatec driver panel does the button are different? Did you try to recalibrate the shifter ?
    Maybe the calibration is a little bit OFF and the game detect a false impulse.

3. axxis278

axxis278 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    Hi, I do have the CSS SQ too, and same problem, I need to recalibrate very often (first on the Wheel base v1, then in game).
    On each gear, I have some loose on the CSS, and I guess sometime there is a gear detection issue, and the game give me 4th instead of 2nd gear, very anoying. I already sent back my CSS to Fanatec for RMA, but still have the issue.
    Didn't play other games lately, so I can't say if it's only with R3E.

4. Max

Max Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +141 / 0 / -0
    In i racing the gears works fine in r3e i have problems to shift

5. le_poilu

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    try a shifter recalibration still ..

6. axxis278

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    Try in the Fanatec driver, put 1st gear, move your gear shift and check if the red mark is moving from 1 to R.
    I remember when I sent it back to Fanatec, I only had the issue in R3E, no problem with GSC or AC or rf2. But I don't understand why R3E would be more "sensitive" as the game is just receiving a "button" signal.
    Which Fanatec driver version do you have ? Last week I updated to driver v231 (I have a v1 base and CSS SQ v1), and the issue appeared again. I think I'll go back to previous driver/firmware v205 (meaning I'll have to flash the actual firmware to downgrade).

7. le_poilu

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    It can be the debouncing, or something like that.

Do you have a V1 or a V1.5 ?
    You say that your CSS was already RMA, was this before or after the V1.5 release ?

V1 has issue overtime with the gear detection, V1.5 solve it. All V1 that have the issue can be "make to V1.5" by Fanatec under warranty.

8. axxis278

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    I sent it back just before the v1.5 was released :( so they fixed something but didn't tell me what.
    And they didn't inform about the "make to v1.5", or I've missed the news. Don't think mine is still under warranty.
    (je viens de te voir sur RFR pour la course Suzuka ;) bienvenue à toi)

9. le_poilu

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    V1.5 is sept/oct 2014, if you get it back after it it should be V1.5. Otherwise you may not have it.

Your CSS may still be under warranty (unless you were one of the very early ones), and even so you still may contact them, It's possible that they can take it for this particulare issue even if you're out of the 2Years warranty

10. Max

Max Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +141 / 0 / -0
    My is 1.5. I bought they on dec 2015

11. Max

Max Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +141 / 0 / -0
    And i have the problem only in R3E

12. le_poilu

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0

It doesn't mean that it's not a shifter issue :)
    Games uses some debouncing and stuff like that, this can result of différent behaviours.
    Shifters like the CSS are not simple ON/OFF switchs... This is why you need to calibrate it at first.

When you have this kind of issue, the first thing to do is to recalibrate the shifter (on the driver side, not talking about the button assignation in game)

13. Max

Max Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +141 / 0 / -0
    ok i checkt it later.

14. Max

Max Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +141 / 0 / -0
    Ok you have right. My problem is the first gear in the shifter. When i go to the first gear and littel bit to the left site he switch in the R gear. In i racing i only drive the Mazda jet with the shifter and over full race i dont need the 1 gear.

15. Max

Max Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +141 / 0 / -0
    Thank for the support