Clutch Engagement [BUG] [Improvement]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DriftMachine, Sep 2, 2015.

1. DriftMachine

DriftMachine Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +72 / 0 / -0
    In the game the clutch slip is not simulated very well. It needs improvement. We got the jerk from the bushings(drive train elasticity), now its time work on the clutch slip.

If you release the clutch too fast the car should stall, or come close to it.
    If you try to go in to gear with out using the clutch, the car should not go into gear, and it should make a grinding noise. This would indicate to the drive he has done something wrong.
    If you feather the clutch too often the clutch should eventually wear out.
    When wore out, it should feel like you have the clutch partially pressed.

Also if you rpms are too high when you release of the clutch it should slip in to gear rather than jump depending on the car.

It seems you guys want the most authentic simulation possible, I am guessing would all would agree... maybe not... Guess only the responses will answer that. :)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    I admire your enthusiasm and appreciate your suggestions but there is a dedicated thread for suggestions HERE.

Also, there is an option to adjust clutch slip already in R3E. Certain cars within the game also use a "dogbox" which means you can change up gears without the need for a clutch, those without, you could also technically use rev matching to change up without a clutch (I have real world experience of doing that).
    The current damage model in R3E is in an early stage of development but will no doubt improve when current development priorities relax a bit but at the moment, it's well down the list I'm afraid.

• Agree Agree x 5
  3. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    I haven't disagreed with your post, you have valid and good suggestions, if you disagree with what I've posted, that's fine but all I've done is point out what I know and that you may have missed.

If you've disagreed with my post just to spite me or Hesspans, you've done it to the wrong person, I'm not Hesspans and nor do I care about the "ratios", not everyone is going to agree with everyone.
    Not really sure what punishment your talking about either so I definitely wouldn't take it personally, it's just not worth it. :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    Does having negative feedback result in posting restrictions or something? I never knew that... Have some positive feedback for informing me :)

Oh, and while I don't agree with some of your suggestions, discussing stuff is always good :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    nah its just a number under your name i don't think anybody cares too much

• Agree Agree x 4
  6. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    I figure I'm that Hesspan guy you're talking about?.. ;):D

If you don't mind me asking, what do you have against me or my threads??
    I know we had different opinions on steam about a year ago regarding hand brakes.
    But I don't have anything against, or hold anything against you just because we don't have the same opinions.

Even if I'm not agreeing on some things doesn't mean I can't agree or like other ideas of yours.
    And you really shouldn't take everything opposing you personally!.. .
    As for this thread.
    Everything that's making the game more realistic, I'm for it!
    But if you don't have enough rev when you release the clutch the engine will stall.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2015