Question Clutch lower and upper deadzone question

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Haris1977, Dec 30, 2020.

1. Haris1977

Haris1977 Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    Recently i ve upgraded from:

transmission: autoclutch + manual

to

transmission: manual

but i do have many misshifts (both downshifts and upershifts) while i race. Can someone propose the right clutch lower and upper deadzones? What do those values exactly mean?

I think those 2 settings are the ones i need to tweak right? Or maybe there are others too?

2. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 0 / -0
    Lower Deadzone: The amount of pedal travel before any input is sent to the sim. The higher this value, the farther you will need to push the pedal before the clutch registers at all. Usually used just to prevent "spiking" or accidental inputs.

Upper Deadzone: The point at which maximum input is achieved. The lower this value, the less you will have to push the pedal before the clutch registers as fully depressed. In other words, you're essentially shortening the travel.

So if you're having trouble with mis-shifts, try lowering the upper deadzone so that you don't have to push the pedal as far for the clutch to register.

As an aside, didn't R3E used to have a clutch bite point setting? Or is that just my imagination?

3. Haris1977

Haris1977 Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for your answer @Goffik !

I will have to check it the next time i play rre. Do you happen to know what are the default lower and upper deadzone values for clutch?

• Like Like x 1
  4. KRodrig1

KRodrig1 Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    I believe that lower is set to 0 and upper is set to 100 by default.

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2020
  5. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 0 / -0
    Yep, this is correct. I currently have lower set to 0 and upper to 65, which for me seems to make changing gear a bit easier but also retains some travel for standing starts.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Haris1977

Haris1977 Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    Ok, thanks guys! I will experiment when i get the time!

7. Haris1977

Haris1977 Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    For anyone wondering i have found that a 35 / 85 is the sweet spot here :)(at least for my driving style)