Cockpit Camera ‘pitch’ issues

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Trick Chapman, May 20, 2023.

1. Trick Chapman

Trick Chapman New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hi everyone,

The Camera pitch (up,down) has stopped working for me and I was wondering if anyone has experienced the same issue. I like to set my in car cockpit up so it aligns perfectly with my sim racing hardware, I’ve been able to use this option with no problems in the past and along with the forward, back, up, down, left right and pitch (up,down) I can get the cockpit in every car in RaceRoom perfect. Now I can’t!
    I’ve tried re-binding the buttons, tried different buttons. Restarted my PC, restarted R3E. Still nothing, any help or advice is much appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    can you put your full system specs in your signature please

are you running singles or triples ?

Andi

3. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    if your not running triples the buttons that do work are the cockpit perspective shift
    i cant test the triple screen settings as im on a single monitor

Andi

4. Nauseumster

Nauseumster Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    if it helps, I run triples
    bound some keys to those pitch controls and both controls pitch "down"
    ie pitch up and pitch down, are both pitch down.

I use the live preview FOV tool in game anyhow so not an issue for me, but might help OP

5. Trick Chapman

Trick Chapman New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Andi, thank you very much for the reply and for the information. This has worked, I have keys bound to the wrong task in my photo when they should have been bound to the tasks you suggested. All working fine now, I’m on single screen. Cheers.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Trick Chapman

Trick Chapman New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    All sorted now but thanks for the reply and the information, good to know. Cheers.

7. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    Tested it on a single monitor and triple monitor, both camera pitch and perspective work. These are not the same actions, so one is not a substitute for the other.
    upload_2023-5-22_6-10-8.png

Cockpit camera pitch works very slow, you need to press the button and keep it pressed for a few seconds to move even one degree. It's also the same as "Pitch" setting in Settings > Field of View.

Last edited: May 21, 2023
  8. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    You can tip the "triple screen" checkbox even if you're using a single monitor, this is how you can test triple screen settings.

9. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    Maybe try binding them to other buttons? Some keyboard buttons are hard-coded for they functions (like Insert/Home/etc. and some numpad buttons).