Cold tires.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Munty, Jun 20, 2021.

1. Munty

Munty New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Hi there.

Cold brakes have a noticeable effect on a car, so do cold tires when you really know what to look for. But I wonder if the cold tire grip effect is strong enough. It doesn't take long at all before you find high grip. I also wonder if the effect of overheating the tires is strong enough. I'm a huge distance off being a top driver so I might be talking out of my bottom, let me know if I am.

I also wonder about the gravel effects, it seems after an 'off' the tires get back to full grip after an amount of time, not distance or scrubbing. This should really be a physical effect added to each tire and it doesn't feel like that, if you drop two tires off the track it should feel very different to dropping all four, but it doesn't. Is this being worked on at all?

Thanks.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. azaris

azaris Active Member

Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -0
    Given all the complaints about cars being unable to reach working tyre temperatures with the v4.1 tyre model, I doubt this would be a positive or welcomed change.

3. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    A few months ago they reduced the canned effect as before that it was like driving on ice. I honestly woudn´t change it again as right now it is acceptable and similar to what we have in other games.

4. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    I remember that a year ago or so, if I'd go off track and then back to tarmac the car pulled to one side on acceleration, I considered that as unequal grip because of dirty tyres. But some time later I stopped noticing this. I don't know what's going on, though, just add an observation.