Resolved Competition DTM 92 @ Zolder Purchase track?

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by The Monk, Oct 30, 2015.

1. The Monk

The Monk Active Member

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    So I rolled a new account for a family member, and recommended doing some of the free competitions to get to know some of the content, in particular the DTM92@Zolder comp, which is a hell of a lot of fun, however when they try to enter it, the track is purple and asks them to buy it. Is this correct? I thought that all these comps outside of the separate experiences allowed free access to all the content featured.

It is fine on my account, but I own the track anyway, and I double checked their account and it requires purchase. I am going to look again shortly, in case a log out and log back in fixes it but if this is in error, just letting you know.

Edit: I will say that all other comps outside the experience comps are accessible from that account and a relog has not changed needing to purchase Zolder.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2015
  2. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    yeah - thats right... for some competitions you need to buy content, which is mentioned in the Competition-Details (not only from the other experiences). But this Competition is described as F2P-Competition, so it shouldn't need any purchased content.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    It's a free too play challenge so it shouldn't be purple.
    I logged into an account that doesn't have zolder and noticed that it indeed wants me to purchase it.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. The Monk

The Monk Active Member

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the confirmation it is not just that account. Shame, its the best one on offer so far (though I can't match your time yet @shardshunt /shakes fist)

5. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    i love that car track, big curbs are my favorite thing.

try g5 at spa that's a lot of fun in the capri or fabcar. (I still haven't managed a valid lap tho)

6. The Monk

The Monk Active Member

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    I took the Corvette out, yeah good fun. Those cars are deadly. The '92 cars at Zolder are a perfect match though.

but to get back on topic, my concern in part is those who may have bought the track thinking they needed to if it indeed is supposed to be f2p. Can be seen as a bit of a dodgy deal if things are presented in a misleading way, bug or not.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    especially when you have some memorys to this:

• Like Like x 2
  8. J-F Chardon

J-F Chardon KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    Problem solved, competition is now properly f2p as intended.
    Thanks for reporting!

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. The Monk

The Monk Active Member

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    Confirmed.

Thanks for fixing:)