Competition Problem - 24Hr Dubai GT4

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Blanes, Apr 8, 2023.

1. Blanes

Blanes Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +189 / 0 / -0
    So maybe someone more experienced can offer advice here. I have not been in one of the Competition for a long time. Yesterday after I bought the Edge Pack I took the McLaren GT4 onto the Dubai track to set a laptime. Now I always only race offline using the GetReal parameters, never the modes with assists.

So I did an average time which put me 135 on the leaderboard (Mark Blanes) but then I later notice it had me as Amateur in the column where everyone else had GetReal. I was puzzled because I set it to GetReal or thought I did yesterday.

Today I decide to have another crack at getting a better time and was particularly careful to set it to GetReal when the option popped up before the race. I then managed to improve a bit and get 97 position on the leaderboard. However again it shows me as Amateur in the assists column but I am absolutely certain that I set to GetReal, no assists whatsoever.

I do not have a ranking so wonder is this some bug related to that ? Does anyone else have any insight or knowledge as to how this works and why it is putting Amateur when I have selected GetReal ? Also re the Rank column, how do I actually get a Ranking ? I have done some MP races but never got any ranking at all, the column is blank.
    Thanks.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2023
  2. DrKarotte

DrKarotte Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    You get a rank not by racing but setting laptimes in the hotlap competitions. Maybe the feature is broken atm, or not displaying the correct rank.
    I think it is rather unlikeley that there is a connection between the rank system and your problem with "Amateur".
    I assume that you usually drive with "GetReal" and have that option also set in your general game settings?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Blanes

Blanes Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +189 / 0 / -0
    Yeah that is correct... Oh well maybe just a glitch !? Thanks for replying :)