Competitions for Veterans, Midfielders & Backmarkers ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by n01sname, Feb 11, 2015.

1. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Hi all,
    what I would appreciate is to have competitions for "Midfielders" like me.
    I neither have the ambition, nor the intention to hotlap hours and hours (because for me it makes Simracing to a mere "routine" and there are enough "routines" in my life), while definitely knowing that for certain reasons
    (No Super-Highend Hardware, not as young and not as ambitioned as I used to be) I actually have no chance to come further than somewhere Top 50...to win some allowance (in vRPs) if I´m lucky...
    And the best opponents are still those you really can directly compete with...
    Don't get me wrong: I always participate just for fun and where I like to , not for Trophies, Fame and Gridgirls....

A three-class system within each diff. level.I just have in mind:

Hungaroring for example :
    1. All drivers under 1:38
    2. (........) under 1:41
    3.......................from 1:41 onward

Posted it yesterday under another thread and thinking about it today, it looks like a good idea (to have different "skill-classes" during a competition) but practically it would leave a lot room for cheating (just imagine one decides NOT to do another lap at the leaderboard to stay at the top of his drivers group - cause otherwise he would automatically reach the next level/group with a better time ).
    Anyway , just a suggestion to discuss this topic and to treat "Old Rifles" equally to "Young Guns"....;)

• Winner Winner x 2
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2015
  2. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    Interesting.

3. pixeljetstream

pixeljetstream Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +412 / 0 / -0
    Maybe categorizing people by virtual hours driven last N (say 60) days (any gamemode), that way people who drive a lot are compared among each other, and it's maybe less likely people would "cheat" on not playing the entire game to be within certain categories.

can also have "buffered grey" zones, say you are in "old rifle" but about to break into young guns, you have to stay in that category for a while to really "unlock it" and same could be true for the downgrade, so it's not a binary signal, but slightly filtered.

that same system could be used to allow grouping people for multiplayer (not mandatory of course)

Last edited: Feb 11, 2015
  4. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Your suggestion Pixeljet reminds to another idea which is to bring in advanced stats listing also your online behaviour (completed laps, kms, penalties in comparison to your general performance, so that a "Fair-Play-Cup" could be introduced )
    Anyway , everyone could have a look which category he belongs to : "Clean Driver" , "Nervous Attacker", "Anxious Daisy" or "Bully".....*take it with humor* ;)