Problem competitions

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by bikerjay, Nov 21, 2023.

1. bikerjay

bikerjay New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I went to join in on the GTR3 competition at Red Bull and noticed the Ford GT isnt included in the choices. It's a GTR3 car. Why is it not given as a choice. It's my favorite and fastest GTR3 car. I'm in no danger of winning this competition with or without it but it's nice to know I can get in it and do few laps

2. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    There are a lot of GT3 cars in Raceroom (27, including discontinued ones), but only the latest models (9 at this moment) are available in competitions and ranked races. I guess it's because they are more closely balanced between each other. Older cars naturally have less downforce and less refined suspension, so it's hard to balance them against latest cars.

Would be nice if they split GT3 cars into 2 or 3 subcategories, like new, aging, and old to make it easier to balance them and give all of them a place in racing. Maybe something like that will come with the new UI.

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2023
  3. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    Yup, on some tracks the older cars are a lot faster due to having more power to balance less grip. These cars still have their place, even if they are classified as something else like Gt3 Masters, as we paid good money for them back in the day and no one should be obliged to have to buy the latest 911, AMG and Audi Evos when they already own the previous iterations, just to play on official servers and do competitions - it´s not an EA game, after all.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. bikerjay

bikerjay New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I see now. I suppose it is less refined but its been a go to car for me through many different racing games. Probably because it is less refined. We're alike like that. It's always one i had a knack for tuning for whatever reason. Could be all in my head I guess. Thanks for clearing that up

5. bikerjay

bikerjay New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    On a side note, I'm currently attempting to tune the Group 5 Skyline. Talk about unrefined. That car is a handful