Bug Connection loss

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by GooseCreature, Oct 10, 2017.

1. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Not the end of the world but every now and again, after going through practice, qualy then warm up, just to get bumped from the server at the start of the race is a tad frustrating. Have noticed it only tends to happen on a server that has a lot of opponents, rather than a sparsely populated one, other than that appears to be totally random. No crash dumps get generated as I haven't crashed, so very little other information can be added I'm afraid. Yes files have been verified (repeatedly), so over to you, good luck!

2. Timo Heyden

Timo Heyden Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 0 / -0
    So sorry to hear, that you have problems with the connection on full servers.
    Is the game crashed like a freeze or was the game window completely closed?
    Also can you say on which server this happened? Was there [RR]-Servers or private hosted?
    And which classes were allowed?

The last point I have, maybe can you attach the log files?
    Performance, Game and MWTransport

As soon as I have more information I will forward your problem to the devs.

Hopefully the problem doesn't exist all the time and you can drive some more races in multiplayer.

3. GooseCreature

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    If I could remember any of the details you mention, I would have stated them, not even sure which day it was :rolleyes: just happens every now and then (has been for a while) and there's no crashing either, of game or PC , it just loses connection to server. Back in the lobby the server is still there, with all drivers, barring moi of course. Thought this was a well known bug, seems to have been discussed before, just not noticed anyone complain post hotfix, thought I'd chirp in, just so they know it still occurs!
    Won't spoil my fun, just frustrating!

4. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    Do you remember if there was any short message while you were getting disconnected? Was anything like switching to hood-cam before your disconnection?
    The disconnection when having a bad ping is a bit harsh - you just get a short message about anything with "kicked from server" and find your self back in the MP-Lobby.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Rella

Rella Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 0 / -0
    Had the same issue last week in a league race during Warm-Up so that i missed both races of the session. At the end of my first lap all other cars disappeared but i still could drive back to pits. Afterwards I landed in the MP lobby but of course couldn't join the session any more. No crash or message. Afterwards i learned that this also happened earlier to some guys in another series that they dropped out. Don't know atm if any server logs were forwarded to Sector3. Maybe @D.Boon knows. ;)

6. Simon Fillingham

Simon Fillingham Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +161 / 0 / -0
    I've been meaning to forward Dave the server log files but have kept forgetting. I'll do it tonight!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. GooseCreature

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    There was no message, never is, as a bad ping is something I don't suffer from as I'm on FO at 100Mb. Only warning you get is all the other cars disappear and then the dreaded red banner of lost connection. Been happening for quite a while now, at first I thought it was Server Admins throwing their toys out of the pram because they were overtaken :D but it appears not, a couple of us were thrown out between races over at RD the other night, so not just me. Seems to be completely random, fault finders nightmare!

8. Simon Fillingham

Simon Fillingham Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +161 / 0 / -0
    During a warm up session? I've heard reports of and witnessed ppl dropping since we have introduced a warm up session. Might be coincidental though.

9. Rella

Rella Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 0 / -0
    Any news on this? Had another disconnect yesterday again in the first lap of the 5 minute warm-up session. Practice and qualifying sessions were fine. Router is up to date and shows no errors in the log...51392 kbits/s down and 10048 kbits/s upstream. These are my only disconnects that I have and solely in warm-up sessions. Nobody mentioned that I would have a high ping or that my car would disappear what you sometimes can read in chats for example. So no idea why this happens.

10. Dirk Bachmann

Dirk Bachmann Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +48 / 0 / -0
    sry for Google Translate :

The Disconnects I have also, quite abruptly, often I drive a race on the public servers and eventually I lose the connection.
    I myself do not even get the disco with the first moment. Only in the timeline on top you see at once "abstruse" time intervals.
    I often go with my son Tim, we both hang on the same line (T-Online 50KDSL) in different rooms and are connected via Teamspeak. Sometimes Tim sometimes hits me with the disconnects, the one who does not get disconnected then immediately Message "Tim Bachmann disconnect" eg while Tim continues in the case first and that's about one lap later.
    The game does not crash, sometimes you just drive around alone, sometimes you end up in the multiplayer server window.
    In Teamspeak both stay connected, even in other titles we play together we have no problems.

Also we can do some races without any problems, its really random, also which session of a race.

11. Jannik

Jannik New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I have the problem, that I disconnect from MP Race and just a second befor it switches to hood-cam. U know how to solve these problem?

12. Slyman2435

Slyman2435 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i have this problem 2, can somebody help??