Connection Lost

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by II 2fast4U II, Feb 10, 2018.

1. II 2fast4U II

II 2fast4U II New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I am able to do the qualification in online lobbies, but as soon as the race loads i get " connection lost" ... bot able to do a actual proper race .
    I have been searching for solutions on the forum but so far i haven't found any answers.
    I have tried restarting, Single Screen , VR, always the same.
    Running an 8700K @ 5.1Ghz, 32Gb RAM, 1080ti 11G, M2,
    Any ideas what could be wrong ?
    Thanks

2. II 2fast4U II

II 2fast4U II New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    here is a 2 min screen capture to show you what happens, qualifying with other players , just fine, 120fps, next session, the race but the cars in the game also don't seem to loading ... and then withing 5 sec "connection lost" .. something must be wrong here, any idea ?

Running latest version of the game on Steam , Windows 10, Nvidia drivers updated etc.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Heath

Heath Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +136 / 0 / -0
    If you could supply log files after it occurs , would help immensely, c:\ Users\Username\Documents\My Games\SimBin\ RaceRoom Racing Experience\UserData\Log\ MWTransport.log. and Game file logs , then we can pass it on to the Dev’s to have a look, thankyou :) Also what steering wheel do you use ?

Last edited: Feb 10, 2018
  4. II 2fast4U II

II 2fast4U II New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for trying to help me, here are the LOGs of my RR game, there are many crashes, so there are many of them ... the last ones are from the video I documented above, the ones of Thursday were from a RaceDepartment event, were I also could do the warmup just fine, then went for a 3 min drink and got "connection lost" and I was trying for over an hour to get back into the warmup, then qualifying and then the race, but with no luck ....
    I am using a Fanatec V2.5 with P1 Elite Xbox wheel and V1 pedals.

Attached Files:

5. Heath

Heath Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +136 / 0 / -0
    Thankyou, if you could just pass on the MWT and Game log when it last happened will suffice, Just 2 files. Just check the dates, and pass on latest ones.

6. II 2fast4U II

II 2fast4U II New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks again

Attached Files:

7. Heath

Heath Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +136 / 0 / -0
    Thankyou will pass it on :D

8. Heath

Heath Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +136 / 0 / -0
    Sorry what OS are you running and what version ? Thankyou

Last edited: Feb 11, 2018
  9. II 2fast4U II

II 2fast4U II New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit

(sorry for late reply)

10. Heath

Heath Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +136 / 0 / -0
    Thankyou :D,

11. II 2fast4U II

II 2fast4U II New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    any update yet ? would love to join the race !

12. Heath

Heath Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +136 / 0 / -0
    Will let you know soon as I here something from the Dev’s , thankyou for your patience!

• Like Like x 1
  13. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Hey there, out of curiosity, have you tried joining any MP races in the past week or two? Or did you stop playing when this issue first started?

Personally, Im wondering if you were just experiencing bad luck when the last game update was still new and the servers might have been acting up.

Be assured though that a report with your logs has already been made though... but we will see if we can poke a developer to take a look through them when they get back into the office today.

In the meantime, could you try to force Steam to verify the integrity of the game files. This will in essence, force Steam to check to make sure you have all the game files, and that none of them are corrupt.

To do this, right click on RaceRoom in Steam, and select properties. In the window that appears, select the local files tab and then click the 'browse local files' button.

This will open windows explorer to the games file folder. In this new window, click on the 'game' folder, and then the 'X64' folder. You should see a list of files within. Scroll down to the 'RRRE64' file, and delete it. Close this window, and then shift your focus back to the RaceRoom properties Steam window that should still be open on your screen. In that same local files tab mentioned above, click on the 'verify integrity of game files' button.

Steam will then take a few minutes and download any missing or corrupt files. Then, please try to go back into an MP race to see if this fixed anything.

Cheers

• Like Like x 1
  14. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Just heard back from a developer.

The log files seem to indicate a timing error you are receiving from the game, which is likely the result of using an overclocked cpu.

If you could, try disabling the overclock, and run your cpu at it's normal speed.

If it works when you use normal speed, this might indicate that your overclock is not stable, and is causing you problems.

• Like Like x 1
  15. II 2fast4U II

II 2fast4U II New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I finally got to it again, have returned my BIOS back to default settings, could do the qualification, but then when the race started i got "connection lost" again ..... sigh .... any suggestions ?

PS (I really would love to play this game, specially after having spent a 100 on all cars and tracks ...)

16. II 2fast4U II

II 2fast4U II New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    So I have been trying many times again, i really would like to get this to work, please find the game-logs attached.
    I have followed the suggestion above to force Steam to verify the integrity of the game files.
    I have down graded all settings of my CPU, running at stock 3.7Ghz and disabled even Hyper-threading.
    This allowed me to run the game, enter a multiplayer lobby, qualify and join the race a couple times in 2D.
    Then I enabled "-vr" in the game launcher for my Samsung Odyssey HMD, but with the same settings immediately i get : "Connection Lost" again once the race starts.
    After i booted the game again and wasn't even able to enter the qualifications, the game started, room loaded, it showed me about 3 seconds the VR environment and "Connection Lost" again.
    Mind you if I do a Single Player game there are no issues to run the VR , even with my CPU running at full capacity (5.1Ghz) and Hyper-Threading enabled,
    Please have a look again at this, and let me know how we can solve this.

Attached Files:

• Log.rar
      File size:
      3.7 MB
      Views:
  17. II 2fast4U II

II 2fast4U II New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I FINALLY FOUND IT !!!!!

IT WAS THE CORSAIR KEYBOARD, DISCONNECTING IT DOESN'T PUT ME IN THE HOOD VIEW ANYMORE,
    NO MORE CONNECTION LOST !!

• Informative Informative x 2