Content required

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rui Santos, Nov 2, 2015.

1. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Hello all,

- Just want to know if you buy a car (like WTCC 2014 Honda Civic) you can still race online against cars you do not own from 2014, like the Citroen C Elisée for example.

- Would like to know how much cost all the content without skins (not really interested in buying them).

- Also, would like to know when this sim will have fuel, tire pressures, wear and temperatures. Until this is implemented the sim is simply unplayable (in a serious way of course).

- Apart from this i just want to say this was a great surprise and definitely it's on a good path to the success ;)

Cheers!

2. Frankymoe

Frankymoe Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    1. yes you can.
    2. I don`t know exactly, but I spent about 100€ and have all tracks and nearly every car (not every skin).
    3. fuel and pressure -> I don`t know; wear and temperautre -> is already in the game
    4. I agree

• Like Like x 1
  3. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    3 - I don't know where i can find that information during race... there's too small info on race lobby.

Also would like to know when will we be able to save/delete setups, as it is now is a PITA...

4. Frank25

Frank25 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +54 / 0 / -0
    Here is some info about fuel use and saving setups.
    The developer J-F Chardon wrote this at 23th of october:

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2015
  6. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    And what is best? Buy the vRP's or buy directly that experience for 9,99€? So i need to buy the remaining tracks one by one to have them all right?

7. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    That experience is really good value.
    If you later buy vRP's and buy other track packs you will get those discounted for the tracks you already own from GTM 2014.
    You will also get the GT 3 cars in GTR 3 pack as well as the ADAC 13 cars cheaper for owning the ADAC 14 cars.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Oh, thank you very much! That was useful information :D

Will look seriously to this sim!

Cheers!

9. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Just one more question, what are enough vRP's to buy (i know it depends on what i'll be racing), but what is a good deal, without being too expensive and enough to buy a, let's say, half content?

10. alesi27

alesi27 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +233 / 0 / -0
    The 5000vrp pack (35€) is probably the best value for money vrp pack.If you are really low on money go for the 1100vrp(9,5€) or the 2000 vrp(17€).

11. Brandon Wright

Brandon Wright Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +312 / 0 / -0
    Of note, it's best to always buy Experiences directly through the game or the web portal. If you buy them through Steam you usually end up paying more because no discounts are applied. In R3E you get discounts for already owning content, for example if you already own two of the tracks in an Experience a discount will be applied so you won't have to pay for them again. But if you bought it through Steam it does not take into account that you already own those tracks and you'll pay full price. If you buy the ADAC '14 through the game or webportal/store like heppsan suggested you'll get 8 tracks and about a half dozen cars for $10 which is far cheaper than if you were to buy the tracks individually. And once you've bought them you can use any cars on them.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  12. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Not a question of money, but don't want to invest (at least at this stage) in 10.000 vRP's and get some not used or having to buy content i won't use...

13. alesi27

Ratings:
    +233 / 0 / -0
    5000 vrp it is then.

14. theravenousbeast

theravenousbeast Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155 / 0 / -0
    There really ought to be an FAQ with things like this well explained here and in the game's menus for the new players.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. alesi27

Ratings:
    +233 / 0 / -0
    Not to brag about myself but I have created a beginners guide already titled Welcome!The(Unofficial) Beginner's guide in the world of Raceroom.Feel free to check it out.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  16. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    Buying Experiences via Steam can be a good starting point if you meet two conditions...

Firstly, an Experience pack is on sale on Steam. (eg. 50% off)

Secondly, you don't already own content that is part of that experience pack.

So, for example, a newcomer to R3E would be well advised to buy an Experience or two if they are -50% off on Steam, then make all further purchases in the Raceroom store to get any potential linked discounts.

See, the way this game is sold is far too convoluted. The newcomer to R3E really has to do his/her homework in order to get the best value from their purchases. That in itself can be off-putting.

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Watch out for sales.

You can get all tracks, cars and most skins for 200+ Euros - or for just around the half. Wait for the right opportunity - then strike. :D

Also be advised, that their website and their ingame webshop - at least sometimes have different pricings (recently I noticed an example with a price different of +150%...) . Its idiotic, its not nice for the customers - but thats how they decided it to be.

Its a good simulation, but with the business model of theirs you really have to be on your guard.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Ok, just bought the ADAC promo of 9,99€. Already working, just realised the european trackpack is cheaper now that i have some content of it, thanks guys. I'll buy some more in future, let's first see were this sim is going ;)

• Like Like x 3
  19. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    @Skybird

...and I think it's fair to say this business model isn't purposefully duplicitous. It's the result of (what I believe were) poor decisions from the outset and subsequent attempts to salvage things. As a result the sales model is a tangled mess. It is what it is. We are too far down the line with R3E to untangle the mess, so to speak. I've made peace with it, sadly plenty of others won't give it the time of day.

* bails out before the 'another sales model thread' moaners arrive. *

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Brandon Wright

Brandon Wright Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +312 / 0 / -0
    Good points. I think I got my first Experience through Steam that way, when I had no purchased content at all. Then I bought my second one through Steam and later realized I could have had it for less than half of what I paid if I had bought it through the game itself because I already owned most of the content. I think it's fair to say though that after you have some content it's generally best to buy new stuff through the game/store and not through Steam (some exceptions may exist during certain sales).

I just try to make a point of letting new people know to do a little homework before buying content because with a few tips/tricks you can get stuff for cheaper than you'd think. The older DTM and ADAC packs are good to start with because for not much money you get a lot of tracks to enjoy for a while and could get you discounts on other pieces when you decide to buy more. Now that a couple of the free cars are actually good to drive it makes those cheap tracks go a lot further too.

• Agree Agree x 5