Problem CONTROL SET DUPLICATED

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by ObySan, Nov 16, 2016.

1. ObySan

ObySan New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I had to re-download RRE ( see my other post ) buy now having an issue with my DFGT not being recognized in game. I made a new Logitech profile but the wheel isn't showing inputs in the game and wont take any custom assignments in game. When I try to make custom assignments I get message "Control Set Duplicated" .What does this refer to ? Never had any problem with RRE before this re-download / Nov patch.

2. Andy Blade

Andy Blade Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    Look in my documents/my games/simbin how many installs ? 2 go in each install look in usedata/control set and delete any entries , restart game

3. ObySan

ObySan New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Hi Andy - in the SimBin folder I have 2 installs ( "Race Room Racing Experience" and "RaceRoom Racing Experience install 2" Is this normal / supposed to be like that ?

As an aside my wheel seems to be fine so far - I just use wheel to navigate menu on game startup and don't have any issues - not sure what was happening.

4. Andy Blade

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    Install 2 is new because you used new location for install and yes normal behaviour,
    So no more duplicate control set ?

5. ObySan

ObySan New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Hey Andy - the "control set duplicated" problem had resolved itself somehow. I think restarting the game and using the wheel to navigate the RRE menu may have something to do with it. As you know I had a RRE custom control profile in both the "my games" RRE files and the game may have had to wise up to that fact. Seems to be reading off the "install 2 folder" now I guess.

Can I delete that "RaceRoom Racing Experience" in "my games" folder that was for the first install and not fool anything up ?

Last edited: Nov 16, 2016
  6. Andy Blade

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    Yes you can but if in doubt cut and paste to desktop test game if all is okay delete from desktop

• Useful Useful x 1