Problem Controller disconnect when using VR

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Bigdog, Dec 20, 2017.

1. Bigdog

Bigdog New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi, I've been trying to get the game going with a WMR headset and an Xbox one controller (Bluetooth). When I launch the game normally everything works fine. When I launch the game using -vr in steam, 2 strange things happen.

1, The start screen appears about 10 feet bellow where it should do - I can over come thing by using the centre VR key bind. is there an ini file option that might help with this ?

2, My xbox controller suddenly stops working.

This seems to be specific to RRE as it works fine in Assetto Corsa. Anyone had any strange problems with controllers when using VR ?

Thanks

2. SunnySunday

SunnySunday Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    1. Not sure I'm fine using the VR reset key
    2. Have similar issues with my g27 wheel at times when in VR. unfortunately I haven't found a fix for it other than restarting the PC when it happens (which is rarely) have you tried hard wire the controller (maybe the Bluetooth signal gets interfered somehow)?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Alex Wurst

Alex Wurst RaceRoom

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    VR uses the Bluetooth range for VR Controllers (e.g. oculus remote etc.) and sensors, so i would not be surprised if those interfere with the Xbox controller.
    as @SunnySunday has already suggested, try connecting the controller via USB and check if the problem still happens.
    Wondering why you would use VR but no Wheel, defeats the purpose of VR for me :D