Problem controller issues

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by PE4, Mar 6, 2018.

1. PE4

PE4 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    I use a PS4 controller. I recently upgraded my PC and changed the OS to Windows 10. First I tried running it through InputMapper as before, but in Windows 10 InputMapper doesn't work properly. Fortunately the OS detects the controller, so I tried to play RaceRoom as it is. I managed to assign the axis and buttons, but the problem is that I can't move the cursor with the left stick as before. Also "device connected" / "device disconnected" keeps popping up. I checked the controller profiles in settings and there is a XBOX controller profile in red that has no button to delete (probably created when I tried the wrapper app). Any idea how to get the cursor moving with the stick again?

2. Karting06

Karting06 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +128 / 0 / -0
    I don't really know how you can get that cursor moving again, sorry.

But for the device (dis)connected message, you can get rid of it, by using another profile (that doesn't have that controller) or assign all buttons that are reported "missing" (because the game thinks that you want to use the XBOX controller).
    Or, remove the XBOX controller file (if it's a custom one) in: Documents\My Games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience\UserData\ControlSet

3. PE4

PE4 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    I rebinded everything and got rid of the connection messages, but in the profiles, the "X360 controller for windows" default profile still appears in red and I think it's expecting that to be used for cursor control. Maybe there is a file to remove or edit so the game "forgets" detecting that once? The file "menu_controller_option" - what is it for?

4. OverTheClock

OverTheClock Member

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    Heard this sometimes form other controller users using such tools the device detected in an endless loop. Seems like RaceRoom is here a bit touchy.

I think the InputMapper watch like RaceRoom the connected devices. RaceRoom detects the controller and hook into the driver. Then InutMapper (SCPVBus or something) does the same and at this time there is a short disconnect. So I could imagine the endless re-connect issue.

Try re-installing InputMapper completly some times. If this not help also try reinstalling controller drivers if possible.
    Some input/output device tools does use SCPVBus and derivates. Looks like somthing is not fully/stable installed and have some issues on Win10. You need to try to re-install it some times.

5. OverTheClock

OverTheClock Member

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
  6. PE4

PE4 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    I'm not sure you understood. I only tried InputMapper on the first run of RR. After seeing it's not working properly I tried the controller directly as detected by Windows 10. RR detects the controller and I can play, but I can't move the cursor in the UI. Now after your reply I uninstalled InputMapper and the XBOX 360 controller driver from Windows, but it's still the same.

7. PE4

PE4 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    I moved away the file for the XBOX 360 controller defaults from the game folder and so I got rid of it from the ingame profiles, but the cursor still doesn't work.

8. OverTheClock

OverTheClock Member

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    Ah ok. Thought it is also still a problem.
    I have tested and i can move the cursur on controller with any activated profile.
    Have you checked the the Stream->Settings->Controller. Dont know this takes effect in R3E.

Make sure all configuration support entries are unchecked in general controller settings.
    Skizze.png

9. PE4

PE4 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    Thank you for your time OverTheClock, but it's not that. RR acts weird... I connected the controller to another USB port and it detected a Fanatec Porsche wheel! Maybe uninstalling the XBOX 360 controller driver from Windows wasn't wise... because now I have some problems in AC too.

10. PE4

PE4 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    I've tried the PS4 controller configuration support from Steam and everything works now. The sensitivities need some adjusting.

• Like Like x 1
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1