Cool Thrustmaster TH8RS shifter mods!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Onaflyer, Dec 30, 2017.

1. Onaflyer

Onaflyer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +52 / 0 / -0
    https://www.3drap.it/thru-mods/

I bought the small kit that firms up the shifter. Works really well, solid feel decent little 'clunk' going into gears. Lots of other sim racing stuff there also.

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  2. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    great find. can you tell if it also affects the strength of the sequential mode? if so then I would buy two of them.

3. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    I ordered this TH8A mod + the G27 shifter mod last week, looking forward to try it out!

I don't think so, the sequential mode on the TH8A is in the gate between the gears. But not sure.
    But I know there is another mod for this.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    since I have two TH8A shifters (one in H and one in seq mode) I ordered the real feel kit from 3Drap plus a short shifter plate AND the seq shifter mod from ricmotech :) wow.. so with the gametrix jetseat, the SimShaker Wheels software and the 3Drap and Ricmotech Mods I spent 300€ now.... no more simracing budget for january :rolleyes:
    Always when I think I have enough stuff and there is an end in sight, someone somewhere brings a new hardware-mod or sim-racing-accessoire on the market... damn you sim racing hobby.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. heppsan

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    I know what you mean, I've spent way more then I set out to spend this winter!!..:fearscream: So hard to stop buying once you start changing something on the rig, than you find flaws on things you where fine with before.. :rolleyes::D

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    The mods from 3drap.it arrived today.

Feels very good and strong. Almost like in my car but stronger. It should get softer after the material worked some time.

The short shifter plate is also very neat.

Thumbs up

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  7. heppsan

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    I have also got my mods for the TH8A and G27 shifters, only had time to install the TH8A so far.
    And that one feels really good!
    Must say that the resistance and feeling of putting in and out gears, are extremely close to how it feels in my own car!:)

• Like Like x 1
  8. heppsan

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    I have now tried the G27 mod as well.
    And this mod, even though there is more resistance in the shifts, it's not that of a substantial difference against the stock version..
    I ordered this with the TH8A mod, so I got it for the same shipping cost, so not a big deal.
    But I wouldn't have want to buy this on it's own, and pay expensive shipping for only this mod, then I would say it's not worth it imo.

They do however have a stronger carbon fiber upgrade for this mod that might be more money worthy.

9. heppsan

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    Do to that I'm so happy about the TH8A shifter mod I went ahead and supported their work by ordering the Carbon fiber mod upgrade for the G27 shifter, which I got today. :D

This mod is a bit stronger and feels really good!
    If you are going to order the G27 resistance mod, add the Carbon fiber upgrade as well, makes more of a difference! :)

10. Onaflyer

Onaflyer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +52 / 0 / -0
    I have never used my h shifter as much as I do now. Really like the feel with this mod.

Well worth it to fall in love with shifting h pattern cars again!

• Agree Agree x 1