Problem Couple of issues from 2 friends

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Lino Carreira, Aug 14, 2015.

1. Lino Carreira

Lino Carreira Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Me and some friends are participating in TCONE championship and we are running into a couple of different issues now that we are giving RaceRoom a more serious GO.

1 of my friends played for weeks ok and even participated in the 2 first rounds of that series with no issues whatsoever, now he his having an issue that, he enters a server, he has a low decent ping of 20 but, when he gets near other cars on his end he starts seeing the ping of everyone else raising and people start appearing and disapearing. we on the other hand see him perfectly with a low ping..

We did a series of connection testings and his connection is perfectly ok as far as we can tell, he also plays iRacing and other sims without any issues even to US Servers. Last week after uninstalling and reinstaling the game the problem seemed to have been fixed but all of a sudden yesterday this issue came back ....

Any hints why the P2P is causing this ? we are a bit lost here on what to do next.

Second issue is another of my friends who just upgraded to WIN10 and has a GTX690 with triple screen, as you probably know the GTX690 is a SLI card , although one unique Card it works as 2 680s so, all of a sudden if he chooses Full Screen on Surround the Menus become irresponsive and he cannot click the accept changes button, if we force the full screen by fiddling in the settings outside the game what happens is something similar to an issue i had that the game wouldnt work in SLI in my monitors resolution, it just hangs on every menu and alt tabbing makes it go forward but we cant go into the game itself.... in single monitor all works ok... Again he has other sims and no problem whatsoever...

I know these are 2 tricky issues and bare in mind i usually try everything i can possible imagine to resolve these things before creating a post, but atm im running out of ideas ...

Any help would be apreciatted.

2. Sebbl

Sebbl Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Regarding the online-problem: To me it just seems that the multiplayer indeed is only in alpha-state yet. Not many people are having problems, but there are a few that have big problems with similar symptoms to those which you described.

I started a thread about 2 or 3 months ago and there hasn't been a statement from the devs yet, what the problem is or if they know what the problem is or when it will be fixed. To be honest I don't see the MP of RRRE being in a state where you can hold serious leagues just yet. I'm actually quite surprised S3 themselves do this with the DTM championship. The problems of disappearing/lagging cars happened in those races aswell for a number of people.

3. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    The car flickering is a long term problem that seems to be getting worse rather than better.
    Raced earlier and the car in front of me was there for two laps then started to flicker for another two laps then vanished, seem to get one in every online race whereas, I'm sure this wasn't the case a while back, was just now and again. Work needed in the connection department me thinks!!
    So your first query is one several people are waiting on.
    As for SLI I'm pretty sure RRE doesn't yet support it so not sure if Devs can help but damned sure there is someone on the forum that can assist.
    Will just tack on the end of this a gripe I have, dear Mr Devs when sorting these modulating motors is there perchance the opportunity to rid game entry lag, lost count of the amount of times I've been on a hot (for me) quali lap and as I turn into the last bend, purple everywhere, stutter, crash, bang wallop, tears, tantrums and off to make a cuppa and kick the dog to cool down! :mad:
    The dog says can this be sooner rather than later please!