Question CPU/FPS performance monitor

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by goldtop, Jul 5, 2022.

1. goldtop

goldtop Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +50 / 0 / -0
    Fired up Raceroom after a long break and I have the cpu/fps monitor enabled in game. I remember it being a hidden feature and enablng it but now I can't remember how to turn it off :rolleyes: Any clues?

2. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    Go to configuration and edit controls, there you should see what key is binded to it or add one.

• Like Like x 1
  3. mclaren777

mclaren777 Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    This game has a performance monitor? That's the first I've heard of it.

I know it has a meter for FFB and I would love something similar for CPU/GPU usage.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +355 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, first time hear about that, too. And I found nothing in the settings, at least not through the search function (which is an awesome feature).

5. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    A built in FPS-counter or performance monitor in RR doesn't exist and never did.

For FPS only you can use the Steam FPS-counter.

For a bit more info you can use the Windows Gamebar, can be called via WIN + G. To show FPS you need to add your Windows user to a certain group. It's a cmd/PS command and a reboot to be done. Google tells you the command.

For more detailed info you need a 3rd party software of your choice.

So depending on whatever you use, you have to switch it off elsewhere.

6. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    Maybe I was confused with the FFB meter then, I´ll check next time in game. Perhaps show us a screenshot of what you see on screen?

If it´s just a small counter in the corner of the screen then indeed it´s likely to be the steam one, but then you would see it in other games too. If it is that one you can deactivate it in steam preferences.

7. hugotwowheels

hugotwowheels Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    Everyone is using RTSS (RivaTuner Statistics Server) for FPS/frame times overlay in games, as well as FPS capping (which you should do for a smooth picture). MSI Afterburner can add additional overlay for CPU/GPU usage and many other things. It's all very neat, easy to use and pretty. I use it in all games and never turn it off.

8. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    Certain aspects of rivatuner/Afterburner , can cause issues with the game just a heads up

Andi

• Like Like x 1
  9. hugotwowheels

hugotwowheels Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    I've heard that before here, but like what issues? My game runs perfectly in all ways: stability, picture, sound, FFB...
    Thanks anyway, if I do encounter a problem, I'll turn those off the first I do to check if that solves it.

10. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    A lot of people had crashes, instabilities, stuttering or generally bad performance which disappeared when uninstalling these programs. Corsair iCue in conjuction with certain Corsair keyboards also caused trouble for a lot of people. Haven't heard about iCue for a long time now, though. Maybe this one has been fixed at some point in the past.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Peter Stefani

Peter Stefani Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    Corsair iCue runs fine for me, no keyboard though.