Resolved Crash Report

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by james.clausen, Apr 11, 2016.

1. james.clausen

james.clausen New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Apologies if this is not the correct place to report a crash. But I couldn't find any other obvious instructions.

I'm running the following system
    Manufacturer: Asus
    Type: Laptop
    Model: GL752VW
    RAM: 16GB (DDR4)
    GPU: nVidia GTX 960M
    Build: (see crash dumps)

This crash on startup happens consistently when connect to AC power or not (HW throttling not the issue). I can run the game ; I assume this is with the Intel 530 graphics accelerator. However, I'd prefer to run the graphics engine with the 960M.

Any assistance is appreciated.

-James

Attached Files:

2. Hannes Wallstedt

Hannes Wallstedt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280 / 0 / -0
    Answered this on the helpdesk.

3. james.clausen

james.clausen New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I've been using -cefNoGPU to play the game; but this is still a bug. I don't want to bypass hardware acceleration in order to run the program. Without hardware graphics acceleration:
    1.) Hood reflections have reduced quality. Even at this lower level, there is artifacting.
    2.) Performance is affected, forcing reduced detail options in the settings.

Please use the provided DMP logs to program a fix for this nVidia GPU (assuming the issue is confined to nVidia cards).

Thanks,

-James

4. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    you should still have your nVidia-Card available after using that Launch-Option. But as Raceroom has no Profile in the nVidia-Drivers you have to force it in the Driver-Setting... i guess it was Nvidia Optimus?!

5. james.clausen

james.clausen New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hey Manuel,
    I'm not sure about nVidia Optimus. The laptop was plugged in; so hardware throttling shouldn't have been an issue.

I'm not familiar with this program from Sector3. Is there a place inside the app to choose (force) which GPU is used?

6. m.bohlken

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    it is less a Sector3-Problem as more an nVidia-"Problem". Per Default the laptop only uses the internal graphics-card to save some energy. Only when a 3d-Game is loaded, the laptop should switch to the nVidia-Card.

As I don't have an nVidia-Card i've just googled a bit and found the following - I hope it is already the same:
    1. Open NVIDIA control panel.
    2. Manage 3D settings
    3. Global settings tab
    4. Power Management Mode settings, select "Prefer Maximum Performance"
    5. Preferred Graphic Processor settings, change from "Auto select" to "High Performance NVIDIA Processor"

I guess you can create a Profile within the Control-Panel for R3E and make that Setting individually for RaceRoom instead of making that Global setting.

7. james.clausen

james.clausen New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Ah, gotcha. I'll readily admit that I'm pretty new to Win10, Steam, and R3E. So I wouldn't be surprised to find out that I'm doing something wrong. I'll look into the nVidia control panel to see if I can get the application, the GPU, and the controller to play nicely together.

It's interesting that you were the source of this helpful information. It seems like the development team is mostly interested in getting their JIRA county down...

8. m.bohlken

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    Ah well - it's the Community-Support-Section here... so users try to help other users... I guess it is quite a lot todo at the moment for the devs as there are some new users in R3E...

• Like Like x 1