Bug Crash when replaying

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by reif, Aug 21, 2021.

1. reif

reif New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I'm getting a crash when I start the app and try to replay a race. If I start the app and run a race I am able to then replay the first race that previously caused a crash successfully. So I'm only seeing the crash when I go straight to replay.

Attached Files:

2. reif

reif New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I just noticed the pinned thread "Experiencing a crash? Look here". I looked at the Sector 3 website and didn't see a way to report a bug and I did a google search and it turned up other threads on this forum with crash dumps but not the pinned thread. It would be nice to get a link to the pinned thread or the help desk in the crash dialog.

The first crash happened on 8/16/21 8:41 PM EST. I updated the AMD graphics driver to the latest version around a week ago. Windows update was off but I did an update after I started to see the crashes and it didn't help. The only other change was the 16th August update. I did a Steam verify integrity and it found nothing wrong and did not fix the problem.

My system is an AMD 5900X on a ASUS x570 Dark Hero with 32 GB 3600 memory and an RX580.

3. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    Move all the replay files to another folder and see if it helps. Maybe one of the replay files is broken and causes the crash.

4. Beastux

Beastux Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +288 / 0 / -0
  5. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    Out of curiosity and because ive been thinking about doing that for some time, any estimates how long itd take to move like 50gb of replays? :D

6. S. FREDRIKSSON

S. FREDRIKSSON Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    Depends on the speed ant type of your harddrive. Also if you do it to the same drive or another.
    10 seconds maybe?

7. Nico Kunze

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    Oh thatd be a lot quicker than what i was fearing. Most likely my harddrive wont be the quickest but even if its a matter of an hour or two thatd be a win in my books :D

8. S. FREDRIKSSON

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    If you do it to the same drive, the files will not actually be "moved" physically on the harddrive so that will be the absolute quickest, it will still work in this situation though.
    If you move them to another drive, it will take longer. An older regular harrdive has a speed of 80-160 MB/s, an SSD alot faster.

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. S. FREDRIKSSON

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    If you "copy" them instead of "move" them, it will take much longer because of the read/write it will do.

10. Nico Kunze

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    I see, thanks for the info :)

11. reif

reif New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I already did that after I started seeing the problem and it didn't help.

12. reif

reif New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    The crash is fixed with today's update. There are still problems showing the selected driver and camera when a replay starts.

13. Daniel piñeiro gomez

Daniel piñeiro gomez New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i have the same problem