Problem Crowd lag?

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by lifeofbrian, Jan 16, 2016.

1. lifeofbrian

lifeofbrian Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Am I the only one that gets lag in the crowd? It look like the flags are waving at about 2 fps, but I just watched a RR video on youtube and they look fine.

2. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    Can't say I've ever noticed Crowd Lag.

3. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Yer.
    I mean they aren't exactly HD and the flags are a matter for discussion in themselves, but 2 fps...You sure you weren't watching a slow-mo replay? ;)
    Kidding, which track are you talking about?

4. M4IRC1IE

M4IRC1IE Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +68 / 0 / -0
    ;)even a flag can get very heavy. So when you drive a long race over 30min. It could be that the person with the flag waves slower. Hey, it's a simulation

• Funny Funny x 3
  5. lifeofbrian

lifeofbrian Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Lol, I suppose it could be that.

6. lifeofbrian

lifeofbrian Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    I was racing with a friend online, he said his does too, but not bad, but it was so bad at Hockenheim for me that it was distracting me from the race.

7. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Did you come across the same in a single player session?

8. lifeofbrian

lifeofbrian Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, I was racing at Indy and had to turn the crowd off because it was so distracting.

9. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    So it's the crowds/flags in general, not only on Hockenheim?

10. lifeofbrian

lifeofbrian Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Exactly, the flags are very distracting. Also the car reflections also are very laggy, and look like Commodore 64 graphics, I turned those off too. I had them all turned up to the max. Everything else in game is fine.

11. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Regarding reflections: https://forum.sector3studios.com/in...f-months-have-some-questions.3930/#post-48799

The flags are something that's being discussed internally too. Some people hate them cause they are like the colour-code flags used by marshals and hence should be deleted. If you look at them carefully you can even see that they aren't attached to anything, they just float in thin air (Lakeview Hillclimb f.e.). Not sure if there are immediate plans to do something with them, but I'm pretty sure they will get revised at some point in the future. Whether that means deleted or altered, can't tell.

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. The_Grunt

The_Grunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +168 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, the flags aren't exactly the best looking feature of the otherwise good looking tracks. I guess S3S tried to add them to get a little more livable look to the grandstands and static crowd. I am not particularly bothered of the flags until I really start to look at them, though, which is quite rarely :)

13. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    personally i find the flags quite immersion breaking, i have been to a few v8sc races here in nz and most flags are little a4 paper sized ones you hold in your hand and the few big ones are not waved continually throughout the race. the only exception to this is super gt in which they wave their flag every time their car comes past and they take turns because the crowd is divided into groups whom support a car, team or brand.

• Agree Agree x 4
  14. lifeofbrian

lifeofbrian Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    I didn't mind them being there, just them lagging put me off. Is there a way to remove then and keep the crowd?

15. Mich Angel

Mich Angel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +216 / 0 / -0
    Oh! I don't even see that I focus on the race other cars and the track but did take a look at Hockenheim with think it was 15-20 drivers and when all drivers are fairly close it do studder a bit on the start-finish but I cant say I have the time to check out babes in the crowd when the race starts :p

16. mister dog

mister dog Active Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -0
    Another thing i wanted to add to the discussion about those cardboard cut outs, how come they are all standing on their seats?:

[​IMG]
    Would be nice if the figures are updated somewhat, doesn't have to be 3d, but making them sit on their seats and getting rid of those huge colored flags waving by themselves (there's nobody holding them) would help a great deal already ;)

17. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    I can't stop them from waving. Even wen track animation is off....go figure. Perma on.

18. Blanes

Blanes Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +189 / 0 / -0
    That right there is a waved blue... pass those suckers !!! :)

• Funny Funny x 2
  19. Mike Davies

Mike Davies Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152 / 0 / -0
    I wonder if turning track animations off will help this? But yes I also wish they were higher quality.