Bug CSL Elite Disparity In Car Speed, Two Different Controller Profiles!

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Not Lifting Off, Jan 25, 2017.

1. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    Using a CSL Elite wheel i wasnt happy with the FFB that the game gave me prepatch so added the id line from the game created CSL profile to a V2 profile.
    Then used the edited V2 profile to set FFB and the like, the first thing i noticed was a difference in acceleration speed and top end.
    At Bathurst leaving the pits and just running the first str8 with the original CSL profile gives a top speed of approx.144mph, using the V2 profile i get to 156ish (Nissan GTR) Also noticed in the G5 Capri.
    This was a couple of days ago but thought id use the V2 profile till the CSL proper profile is in the game, so now its here and still the same thing, using the CSL profile is at least 10mph slower at the end of the first str8 at Bathurst than the edited V2 profile, which itself is on par with all the other wheels ive used in the last 6 months, seems to be a problem with the CSL profile itself.
    Just tried at Spa, same thing with the CSL cant get over 150mph or out of 5th before Eau Rouge whereas with the V2 edited im getting into 6th and topping out at 166mph, again on par with previous wheels.
    Seems odd, nothing else has changed CSR Elite pedals with G25\CSR\T500\CSR Elite all run similar speeds the CSL is much much slower.

2. Not Lifting Off

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    Im a knob, having a blonde moment, i dont know take, your pick!

Last edited: Jan 27, 2017
  3. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    Can't help, but that's a strange one, because you said it effects acceleration and top end, it almost sounds like the brake is slightly applied in some form.

4. Not Lifting Off

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    Simple really, REMEMBER TO CALIBRATE PEDALS INGAME

DOH!

Last edited: Jan 27, 2017
  5. Not Lifting Off

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    OK, can anyone tell me what file to delete to remove the list of controller profiles ingame, messing with so many different profiles has left me with a long list of profiles to select from but as they are original profiles i cant delete them ingame.

6. Diabolus

Diabolus Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Go to your Documents\My Games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience\UserData\ControlSet and delete all of them.

7. Not Lifting Off

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    Really, i assumed without trying that that would just delete the edited, user created files from the list.
    Yep, that simple, doh!

Thanks

8. fl0wf1r3

fl0wf1r3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +235 / 0 / -0
    how do we calibrate pedals in game?
    I just started to test the manual calibration mode of the fanatec csp v3. I did not notice any difference in comparison to the automatic calibration mode.

9. Not Lifting Off

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    In the controller menu, not sure which off the top of my head (advanced), its not really calibration but is moving the three controls CBA through there full range of movement.