CSP V2 gas pedal problems

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Thomas Friedrich, Jan 21, 2016.

1. Thomas Friedrich

Thomas Friedrich Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +192 / 0 / -0
    Hi guys,
    I have got some trouble with my gas pedal. Some time ago it was recognized to be only pushed 50% although it was flat out. I ordered a new mainboard and sensors from Fanatec, replaced the old ones and everything worked fine.
    Today it happened again. I drove a Session with the TT Cup and from one second to the other the gas pedal was only recognized to be pushed half the way again... All in all I only drove about 10 hours with the new stuff, so I opened the property program and it was the same here, the pedal was only recognized travelling half the way as it actually did. While the program was running I wanted to remove the sensor and strange things happened: loosen or tighten the screws just a bit, let the "gas meter" and/or "brake/clutch meter" in the program rise and fall. I could even let the "gas meter" rise to 100% and remain there just by tighten the sensor screws... don't get me wrong, I didn't use brutal force tighten the screws.
    What am I doing wrong... is it possible that the Hardware is broken again (after about 10 or less hours of driving)?!?
    Has this happened to someone of you? I would appreciate any help...

2. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    ok shitty work around for dodgy hal sensors and all pedals

get this DIVIEW
    turn everything on controllers wise
    fire up diview and push your throttle
    click show raw
    you will see the real vs captured movement
    now click calibration and change the figures so you get full movement as such

but also check ingame that then your getting what you want

hope that helps , if your really stuck pm me and ill go through it with you on a skype/ts

Andi

• Informative Informative x 2
  3. Art_Vandelay

Art_Vandelay Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Double check the following. There is a dimple in the small rod that connects the spring to the throttle arm. The set screw needs to be tightened into that dimple, otherwise the pin (which also contains the magnet that the Hall sensor tracks to determine throttle location) can rotate a little bit when the throttle is pressed, which confuses the hall sensor. May not be the source of your problem, but worth a look. Caused me some similar issues back when I was using the CSPv2 pedals.

• Informative Informative x 2
  4. Thomas Friedrich

Ratings:
    +192 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for your replies. I will try to fix the issue today and report you back.... anyway it's great to see that you guys are helping me only minutes after posting my problem!

5. Thomas Friedrich

Ratings:
    +192 / 0 / -0
    Thank you @Andi Goodwin... it was some kind of hall sensor and mechanical failure, I guess! The bar that is screwed to the joint on the backside of the gas pedal, was almost completly loose, so the pedal couldn't move all the way (I hope this explanation makes some sense...). With the bar screwed completly into the joint, the raw data within DIVIEW showed a travelled distance of about 85% (before: 60%) and with the calibration it now works great again.
    So thanks for the help, I really appreciate it!:)