Custom Liveries

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Robert Wiesenmüller, Jul 13, 2015.

1. Pieter

Pieter New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Only thing I want to see is my name and maybe my own number which are not conflicting with the already existing numbers. To qualify you must need to participate in a certain number of events. This will mean that only die hard racers is rewarded names and numbers on their cars. Names and numbers must also be approved, you can also loose this for various reasons (inactive for a certain period, un sportsman like behaviour) to be determined by Sector3. It can also be awarded for a pre-set period, year period which is inline with the season of that particular class.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  2. Nigel Fox

Nigel Fox Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +92 / 0 / -0
    Then see if they can negotiate with those manufacturers which are resistant, and apply fantasy liveries to those who aren't. And yet again, one more argument for user liveries. ;)

As for Pieter's suggestion above, let's not get too carried away with that. We should just be allowed to have our chosen identities in the game, and hopefully on cars at some point. And not have to jump through hoops for it, or have a chance to lose it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  3. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Maybe name on car with your number direct from leaderboard, also help in decision on how to overtake 72,513 hold off and wait for inevitable mistake 886 watch lines and pick part of track you're quicker 1 apply tow rope and hang on!

4. The Angry Hamster

The Angry Hamster Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +148 / 0 / -0
    Some manufacturers flat out refuse. Even Codemasters (a company with plenty of capital) couldn't sway Nissan to even allow use of their in-game livery customization in Grid Autosport for the new GT-R's. Others, like McLaren, have become increasingly inflexible in their allowances.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Nigel Fox

Nigel Fox Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +92 / 0 / -0
    Perhaps truncated to the last two or three digits? Or considering how many people participate in all the leaderboards, with a third digit in front based on some criteria, like matching numbers? I'd think that would work satisfactorily.

Well, then they could use this as a basis to license new cars. There should be quite a good number of carmakers/teams willing to let their vehicles be painted up, newcomers like Gumpert and Ascari. There should be a decent stable of paintable cars.

It looks like I'm getting Forza 6, and it's possible that M$ basically did a combo of suitcases of money for licenses, and terms like, "If you won't allow custom liveries, we don't want you." Or maybe those cars are also verboten for livery painting. I guess we'll see. I'm thinking the suitcases of money again, as EA apparently still has a stranglehold on the Porsche license, and it's coming next year as $DLC.

6. Matthias Zlusch

Matthias Zlusch Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    It works in so many other games. Even iRacing has a system for custom liveries. Live for Speed has a great financial idea of it, where you get an automated download when entering the server. There must be a way for R³E.

I would pay for it too! so ppl can buy cheap liveries by Developers, or make an expensive one their self. It would make League Racing so much better.

Some prof. Teams even need their Banners on the skin, cause of contract stuff. So please do us this favour in the near future!

(Sry for the bad english, its not the yellow from the egg^^)

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited: May 9, 2016
  7. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    I hope there will be a support in future - atleast for dedicated servers, so that leagues and teams can use their liveries on closed servers and organized events.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1