Cut penalty system

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by AnthonyRofail, Apr 15, 2016.

1. AnthonyRofail

AnthonyRofail Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Hello All
    Please could you indicate if you would like to see a change in the track cut penalty system.
    Last night in a league race I ran wide on the exit of a corner got a slow down penalty which I accept. The problem is it was lap 2 and the field was still very close. Slowing me down and the writing on the sream distracted the driver behind and he drove in the back of me. Causing a chain effect, the end result was not pretty.

Can I suggest like a warning system that gives the driver 3 warnings. Then on the 3rd warning a drive though penalty. Which is harsh, but if the driver has not adjusting his or her driver style by then, a driver through is not so bad after all. Also the driver when issued the penalty can do so without causing any harm to any fellow drivers on the track. Please can you comment or can we ask the developers to look into this. Plus it's really not giving a real feeling and in real life would have catastrophic effects. Imagine slowing down a lmp1 through Eau rouge and his team mate is following.. Hahaa it will be a death zone..

Thank you Ant

2. c3lix

c3lix Active Member

Ratings:
    +43 / 0 / -0
    I wouldn't wait for the devs to change this. I think, you should discuss this with your league. Don't know why slow down penalty is a thing. Drive through is much more realistic and it doesn't cause carnage. Or they could just monitor the races and give you a time penalty at the end of the race.
    Btw I guess you have some time to slow down, at any point of the track? Isn't it like this? Then just slow down in a slow corner.

3. rad

rad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +458 / 0 / -0
    Drive-through works pretty much like you described. You get some warnings, and then you will get DT.

Best system would be if you could manually slow down when it's safe. For example, when you cut corner, you have 5 sec to lift throtle for 1 second. If you do this, nothing bad happens, if you don't, you get warning or penalty.

• Like Like x 1
  4. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    Yeah - a little Change in the Slow-Downs would be great... Especially with the WTCC-Cars a sudden slow-Down is a very bad idea as you can't catch a lift-of-oversteer... So a little Countdown within that slow-down can be solved before it activates automatically would be great...