Question Cutting track on the outsides?

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by heppsan, Jul 29, 2015.

1. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    Have a question about cut track rules, is it possible to get a penalty for cutting the outside lines? (taking the curves to wide)
    Tried the other day and could get quite many warnings without getting one?..

Also, just did a race at lausitz in DTM 2014, and was coming a bit fast into the first corner.
    I went all out on the green on the outside, thats also actually inside of the next corner?.
    Was expecting a drive through penalty, but didn't even get a warning..

Should also be added penalties if we cross the white line when we are coming out from the pits!

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. SylverFyre

SylverFyre Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +78 / 0 / -0
    Maybe the game checks your time and if it believes you weren't faster, you don't get a penalty?

3. heppsan

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    No, I took it a lot faster then I would have if I had braked as thought.

4. le_poilu

le_poilu Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    It's definitely possible.
    I already got slow down or drive through after being to wide.
    Turn 1 at Red bull ring is a good test for this.
    Portimao too has some turns you can get penalty for being too wide. I had 2 slow down yesterday on a MP race because of this BTW.

But penalty depends a lot if you're accelerate or not. If you're on the brake or slowing down you lay just have a warning. But if you stay right foot on the floor the penalty can come pretty quickly.

5. heppsan

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    Did some more testing, and I did get warnings the following times on that curve.

But regarding minor cut track incidents like cutting the outside, is there a maximum set of warnings per lap/race before getting a penalty?
    Or are warnings all we get for those cuts?
    And would also like to know how it works in reality with cuts like that.

6. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    It would be really helpful to know the cut track rules for me too, so the crew chief can be a bit smarter with his warnings

• Like Like x 1
  7. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    General rule is that as long you stay on (or above, when jumping) what is defined as the tracks surface with at least two wheels you're safe. In most cases that area is defined by the white lines plus the kerbs (see Raceroom Raceway, Portimao etc.) but in some places it ain't (Zolder turn 2 inside, Suzuka exit turn 2 outside, Zandvoort exit turn 1 outside) and you'll receive a warning as soon as you're outside the lines (which is how it should be anyway, according to FIA rules).

Afaik le_poilu is right that penalties depend on your behaviour while going wide. If you don't accelerate but only maintain your speed you'll receive a warning, if you step on it and speed up while off track this warning will turn into a penalty.

8. heppsan

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    Yes, I know the cut track rules per se.
    But how many warnings can you receive before being disqualified or get a penalty?

9. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    I wouldn't know of any limit on warnings. I tested it a while ago and afaicr I could get any number of warnings without being penalized as long as I didn't speed up while off track. Just maintain your speed until you're back on track with at least two wheels and you don't receive a penalty.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2015
  10. heppsan

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    Okay, thanks.
    Is this how it works in reality as well?

11. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    I shall add this logic to crewchief, ta for to info :)

• Like Like x 1
  12. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Kinda...
    From FIA Appendix L, chapter IV:

"c) Drivers must use the track at all times. For the avoidance of
    doubt, the white lines defining the track edges are considered
    to be part of the track but the kerbs are not.

Should a car leave the track for any reason, and without
    prejudice to 2(d) below, the driver may rejoin. However, this
    may only be done when it is safe to do so and without gaining
    any advantage
    . A driver will be judged to have left the track if
    no part of the car remains in contact with the track.
    d) Repetition of serious mistakes or the appearance of a lack of
    control over the car (such as leaving the track) will be reported
    to the Stewards and may entail the imposition of penalties up to
    and including the exclusion of any driver concerned.

e) It is not permitted to drive any car unnecessarily slowly,
    erratically or in a manner deemed potentially dangerous to
    other drivers at any time."

http://www.fia.com/file/25712/download?token=k3m18f3W

13. heppsan

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    Section d) However, I interpret that as a penalty or even disqualify may take place if the driver constantly go of track, or ignoring the stewards warnings.

Would be so awesome to also get ,e) implemented to the "game brain", penalise or disqualifying erratic drivers. (swaying here and there and cheap blockings)
    Along with drivers that intentionally try to spin / wreck another driver or just foul play.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Absolutely, yes. But there's no fixed number here either. Depending on conditions and circumstances the stewards are free to penalize, but from what I've seen they tend to be rather forgiving in most series as long as there's no obvious lack of control or actual danger.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2015
  15. mrSweSin

mrSweSin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +83 / 0 / -0
    is this okay or where is the peneltyline?
    The Circuit Paul Ricard i think its not clear where the border are. i studied one race and notised that red/white corves ok and blue area after red is okayhole lap.But the dark black area outside of blue and red/white area is ok that 2 but not hole lap around. whay isit like that. are iam right if i belive that in this game R3E so are light grean area out and dark green area is part off track. and white line after kurbs and dark green areas is a penelty if outside off the white line? monza and rebull ring are two traks where its dark green areas that its ok to drive on. If you dont now that there is a bigg bigg advantge over he or her that dont go on dark green. I find my self always trying to show or tell everybode about that. and i dont write and drive so well attthe same time . Cant there be a permanet picture where it clerly says and illustrate the track rules on the tracks you are loding in to. . the have alots of tips and offers on the loding screen now and thats good but i feels that its moore importent to have info on the tracks rules its like a drivers meeting before a race weekend thats have the best potetial to get everyone to se or read the rules. Its not on the same fairness to everybody like it is now. AND my spelling is not good at all and its not the case why you read this.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 2, 2015
  16. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, Paul Ricard got me puzzled as well... Really don't know how it is handled there irl cause there are two white lines...:confused:
    Guess we defined the outer most line as the boundary and as long as you have at least two tyres within it, or in contact with the kerbs like in most of your pictures, it's ok.