Bug Damage even though damage on server is off

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by nStylezz, Mar 8, 2017.

1. nStylezz

nStylezz Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    In the race we did on RD yesterday cars took mechanical damage even though it was turned off, heres my pov and the results of the race.

race.jpg

2. Henri Puustinen

Henri Puustinen Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +100 / 0 / -0
    Can you get the ones with the problems to upload their game logs in this thread? I'm going to try to reproduce the issue.

3. nStylezz

nStylezz Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    I´ll message them and ask them to do it.

4. Henri Puustinen

Ratings:
    +100 / 0 / -0
    So, I tested this and can confirm that I take race-ending damage when mechanical damage is OFF and visual damage is set to REALISTIC. With visual damage turned off the car is solid as a brick.

I crashed a couple of times and the steering went offset and the car plowed in the corners. I did loose the front wing so the game might be reading aero damage correctly due to visual damage being ON, but the steering shouldn't go offset like that and I can't see this issue with the normal cars in-game. Will check on other single seater cars too.

I'm checking this right now with some other testers and will report back later.

• Like Like x 1
  5. kendoslow

kendoslow Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +49 / 0 / -0
    I'm one and will do once I am at my pc.
    So it appears that aero damage may be enabled (mislabeled as visual) and mechanical refers to engine and gearbox.
    Which would explain things.

6. Henri Puustinen

Ratings:
    +100 / 0 / -0
    Yes, this is my conclusion as well. Don't know if this classifies as a bug or just the way it is meant to be. However why the steering goes off center is for me a mystery. Shouldnt have too much to do with the lost front wing pylon.

Will check it out a bit more and report back.

7. kendoslow

kendoslow Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +49 / 0 / -0
    I've no problem with it just wish it was labeled accordingly. I had just smacked into a wall in the FR US so under 'get real' I'd have been goosed anyway.
    I did wonder if this was an under the hood tweak from a recent update, getting ready for the esporty thingy.