damage settings

Dieses Thema im Forum "General Discussion" wurde erstellt von doclucio, 26. November 2018.

1. doclucio

doclucio Active Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    hi guys, any chance i get any real damage setting for the game, i mean playing on get real if you crash on a wall you can still race...Do you think the developers are going to give us some like real settings?!?

2. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Manufacturers that licence their content don't like to see their virtual counterparts destroyed so fully realistic damage probably won't happen. I would agree that it's to forgiving at the moment though, I'd like to see cars suffer more damage to suspension etc when hitting walls or going off at speed....

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Arcson

Arcson Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    Is it an offical statement of S3? Damage model was one of features I was really hoping for...

Back in the days I was racing in a rookie league in rFactor1. I remember how important it was to keep the car undamaged, otherwise it was way, way more difficult to drive. One time during qualification in Bathrust someone in front of me crashed in Skyline turn and a lot of his chasis elements were flying here and there. I was "lucky" enough to run one of them over and make my tire flat. Well, that's something I would really like to experience in R3E

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    It's more a general statement but well known in the sim world. Some games get away with more than others. I remember the early Colin McRae games you could totally wreck the cars.....doors off etc.

I find it quite difficult to damage these cars....on race 07 that I played a lot you could easily damage the suspension which made them hard to drive....

5. Arcson

Arcson Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    Its a simulation racing game that tries to simulate real life motorsport... And cars being damaged is just a part of it...
    It's like you couldn't injure Cristiano Ronaldo in FIFA 2019. Or lose a match with a particular team in NBA 2k19 just because it looks bad. Injures are part of the football, and so is losing a match in NBA.

Is it really that way? Won't we ever get an enchanced damage model only due to licences agreements, Sector3?

Zuletzt bearbeitet: 27. November 2018
  6. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    But you wouldn't see him break his leg in the game..... It may be a problem from a technical side too....imagine you have 20 different cars all with unique damage that need to be displayed....that's a lot of changing 3d models....perhaps games just can't keep up with that. It could explain why it's possible in a rally game as there is only one car visible...

I'm just guessing anyway, perhaps there will be an official line on this...

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Viggdred

Viggdred Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +118 / 0 / -0
    The damage model was modified recently....
    Now, you can lose your fenders, and seriously damage the engine and the gearbox, so your car is far less effective...
    There's improvment to be add, for sure...

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. Neil Bateman

Neil Bateman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +48 / 0 / -0
    Damage models in most licensed sims are dictated by the manufacturers wishes, there is nothing developers can do about it.
    Its the manufacturers you need to complain to if anyone as they hold all the cards.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. David Peres

David Peres Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +96 / 0 / -0
    I don't care much about visual damage, but mechanical damage is very poor at the moment in Raceroom, and I don't believe it's because of manufacturers.

Raceroom does have some gearbox and engine damage, but there's no suspension damage, misaligned tires or reduced aero, which means there's no consequences for bumping other cars. I've seen some very off-putting multiplayer races (including league races with some of the best players in Raceroom) where people are just being way too agressive and ping-ponging all over each other with zero consequences... in fact that's why they do it, because the game allows them to.

I understand that not everybody likes to have their race cut over because of a crash, but that's kind of what can happen in real live, and some who play simulators do want that kind of realism, so it's never a bad thing to have options.

• Agree Agree x 5
  10. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1.042 / 0 / -0
    Kinda motherhood statement to me. And even if it was true, what a preposterous decision by the manufacturers.

11. Loki-D

Loki-D Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    Is there maybe a way to increase sensitivity of damage.. So the bar gets more easily reduced on contact? Maybe engine damage effecting more speed of the car to?

12. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2.411 / 0 / -0
    You can't, but with yesterdays update damage should be much more realistic.

13. skswat

skswat Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    Actually the damage in Raceroom is pretty strange. Sometimes it gives you full engine/transmission damage even on small contact and sometimes you hit the wall im almost full speed with front engined WTCR and your car is 100% fine. Or you just loose the front bumper. Then you front tap the wall with rear/mid engined car and engine is dead. o_O