Dear S3: Practice Module vs Single Event Module

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Azfalt Raser, Nov 17, 2016.

1. Azfalt Raser

Azfalt Raser Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    Dear S3,

After trying the Single Event Module and Practice Module, it seems the Practice Module is now redundant.
    I say that because, in the Single Event Module, I can set the race practice time limit to 60 minutes. The race practice session can be customized with additional cars, without, tire wear, fuel use, vehicle setup...... If I want to practice pitstops, I just continue on to the race portion. If I want to practice hotlaps before trying the leaderboard, I can use the Qualifying session. I think the laptimes would be more representative of leaderboard comparisons, since I was always slower using the Practice Module.

With all of the customizations in the Single Event module for the practice, qualifying, and race sessions, I don't see myself using the Practice Module anymore.

The only thing I might add to the Race Practice Session as a custom feature is the racing line and braking point - triggered when session is set with 0 additional cars and an on/off button for the racing line/braking points.

As such, I feel that S3 progammers could save labor, time, and aggravation by removing the "Practice" button and that module and move on to more pressing issues like....
    Your next car - Nigel Mansell's BTCC Ford Mondeo ;)

Thanks
    -----------------

Is there any other function that the Practice Module has that the Single Event Practice Session doesn't?
    Maybe my fellow forum members can weigh in.