Dear Sector3...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Maddog, Jul 24, 2017.

1. Maddog

Maddog Active Member

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    Dear Sector3:
    You don't want or u can't fix the AI??
    After 3 years it still broken.
    I love on line race but sometimes i want fun with AI race.
    My bad luck it's to be an Italian man and in italy many people play to AC for on line championship, i don't know why, maybe for mods...
    Life ie short and i can't wait others 5 o more years to have a decent AI, i'm looking for PC 2, seems to have a very good AI.
    Dear Sector3 i spend many money and hours in Raceroom, sorry but you've lost a customer.
    Bye, see you next, no soon.....

2. J-F Chardon

J-F Chardon KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    Sorry to hear you've been having issues with the AI.

I went to look at your previous posts but failed to find one where you described the issues you encounter, that would help if you could write about the problems you face. Then we can look into fixing it.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Maddog

Maddog Active Member

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    Adaptive or fixed the AI it's blind.
    Wreck on back, hit me on the side, don't give me space...
    I'm a Iracing member and i don't search in raceroom on line racers because now everytime it's a wreck fest in public server.
    After many years on Iracing i need another sim, better and i found in raceroom my favourite sim: better ffb, better audio, i love raceroom but i can't wait other 5 years for a decent multiplayer and good AI and my favorite track watkins glen.
    Don't sleep Sector3.

4. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    Might I suggest you try joining a group?

There are many decent groups using Raceroom that provide quality close racing. Just have a look in the "Leagues and communities" section of the forum.
    Unfortunately open lobbies in any sim are a gamble and end up as you rightly say, as a wreck fest.

5. Maddog

Maddog Active Member

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0

Thx for reply, you not need to see my old post about AI, steam discussion it's full about bad AI, this forum it's full of post about bad AI and now you, Sector3, seems you don't know there are issues with AI???? Really??? This is a Fantastic sim but maybe you don't really true in your Project.

6. Maddog

Maddog Active Member

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    I'm italian and my english it's so bad.
    How can join in a championship out of my region with different time zone...

7. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    There are many groups in the same or similar time zones.

I'm with a group called Chequered Flag Endurance Group, we hold public races on a Sunday at 9pm your time, your more than welcome to join or you could see what else we have going on, on our website https://www.chequeredflagendurance.com

Other then that, just have a look here: https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?forums/leagues-communities.70/ and see what fits :)

8. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    Most of the communities are based in Europe so it shouldn't be a big problem.

And I'd suggest not to use the adaptive AI at the beginning, because I had issues with it too initially. Try to mess around with the strength percentage manually, I found that with my abilities, ~111% strength is easily beatable, ~115% is somewhat challenging and ~120% is the "I can win if I have a good day and I'm extremely lucky" level.

But if you get it right, the AI will behave much better.

9. Maddog

Maddog Active Member

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
  10. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    No problem.

11. Maddog

Maddog Active Member

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    It's not a problem with ai speed, the problem it's that much aggressive and blind on binary in turn.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. DreamsKnight

DreamsKnight Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +94 / 0 / -0
    I manage an Italian community. We finished a great wtcc championship and now we are having a break for summer. I'm working on a long and fun program starting from September. I'll send you a pm, if there are more Italian (or same timezone who speak English) feel free to write me a pm for infos :)