Dedicated Server Feature Request

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Racki, Jan 2, 2018.

1. Racki

Racki Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +131 / 0 / -0
    During the last weeks some missing features for the dedicated server popped up. So I may just place them here and hope you guys pick it up :)

1. IPv6 support
    In Germany more and more ISPs give you only a IPv6 address which makes hosting of a server impossible.

2. Server Log files with SteamID (HIGH PRIO)
    As you might know, I upload the logfiles to RaceApp for result display and league management. If the logfile contains the SteamId I could link the result to the correct driver profile. The drivers themselves could log in and register for events. (AC and PC have that field in the logs)

3. Output Sector Times and Mark Invalid Laps (LOW PRIO)
    The app can calculate theoretical best laps for the other sims because they provide the required output. Invalid Laps on the other hand are used when driving without penalty system to prevent cheating.

4. No Logfile when using incomplete double race (LOW PRIO)
    We had a dual race reverse grid server setup. Unfortunately we had to restart the session after the first race because of connectivity issues. Therefore we had also lost the logs for race 1. It would be great if there was one file per race or the file is written and updated after every race.

I know these things might not be so important for most people. However, I hope the required effort is minor so you pick it up nevertheless.

Thank you!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Racki

Racki Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +131 / 0 / -0
    I may add some wishes for additional data in the logfile:
    • Datetime of Session Start
    • Livery / Car Class for each driver
    • Laps in Qualify / Training Session
    • (?) Infos for Collisions (other driver, impact speed

Apart from that I would be very interested if I can access the server from a script/application.
    I've seen that the configuration of the server is done by AJAX requests in JSON format.
    However, I could not find out how to pass the api_key / special-key parameter.

thank you!