Dedicated Server features request/feedback

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kjell Eilertsen, Feb 13, 2015.

1. Kjell Eilertsen

Kjell Eilertsen Active Member

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0
    Couldn't find any other thread specific to this and I heard you said during the stream that you wanted us to provide some feedback on what features we feel needs to be added to the Dedi server, well here's a few things I'd like to see added;
    - Be able to limit server to certain types of input (wheel, keyboard, controller)
    - Be able to lock certain camera angles (like cockpit only)
    - Possibility to choose specifically which driving assists to allow rather than only difficulty.
    - To search for and add server admins just like with the weight penalty system, which can then restart/end session using ingame chat commands, and kick/ban players using the same.
    - Enable/disable a "vote to kick" system.
    - Enable/disable autoload next session, so that a server can be kept in practice mode "infinitely" and then brought to qualy/race by using chat commands

That's what I could think of from the top of my head, sorry if any of these are already in, there where some option(s) which could not be seen in the stream.
    To others, please feel free to add your wishes to this thread.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    - 'stock' setup tickbox
    im not sure about the input filter
    otherwise good ideas

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2015
  3. Kjell Eilertsen

Kjell Eilertsen Active Member

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0
    Ah, just to make sure I'm understanding, do you mean "open/fixed setup", aka to allow or disallow people changing setup?
    If that is the case then yes, I FULLY agree that this is a MUST have feature! :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. rad

rad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +458 / 0 / -0
    - Automated starting grid manipulation (reverse Top10 for example) and/or possibility to save and load grid. I was running league on Race07, and setting grid to second race by telling drivers to drive in wrong direction and get DQ in specific order was inconvenient :p
    - How about exports, so we could import them to league systems like SLS? It would be good if it would contain as much data as possible :) (Every laptime for every driver, pitstop number and time, maybe fuel level, tire compound and wear, damage, and whatever you think of)
    - Will we need to purchase content to set it on server or will we be able to choose freely?

I would prefer additional menu instead of chat commands :)

• Agree Agree x 2
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2015
  5. Brandon Wright

Brandon Wright Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +312 / 0 / -0
    • Reverse grid options (especially if we can choose to invert the top 5, or top 8, or entire field, etc.)
    • Option to manually set the grid order
    • A "no tuning" option, only allowing stock setups (though brake bias/pressure tuning should be allowed to accommodate different pedal/controller types)
    • Option to apply a selected (unchangeable) setup to all cars entered in the race
    • Option to add success ballast to select drivers after a race
    • Better chat features (I sometimes completely miss chat messages because they're hard to see and disappear quickly)
    • Manual race start, meaning we can leave the server in practice mode as long as we want.
    • Slipstream strength options would be nice (we choose how strong the slipstream effect is)
    • Option to disable ghosting cars (hate ghost cars)
    • Option to set how fast fuel/tire wear happens
    • Option for mandatory pit stop(s), and how many are required in a race
    • Ability to export race results in spreadsheet format
    • Some kind of point system awarded to race results (i.e. we do three races a night, each race earns points to declare overall winner at the end of the three races).

• Like Like x 2
  6. Ernie

Ernie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    It's quite common for leagues to make small BOP adjustments to cars, e.g. 10kg to Ford GT. This comes into play when the default BOP is a little bit off. Therefore .....
    • Option to add a handicap weight to a specific car model (not only the driver)

• Agree Agree x 7
  7. ::SKRO::

::SKRO:: Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +972 / 0 / -0
    I think I have seen these options among the current ones in the video (tyre wear normal, 1x, 2x...) But agree on all the other points! Especially reverse grid! @James Nance go back....keep going keep going keep going :D:D

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  8. James Nance

James Nance Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +301 / 0 / -0
    We tried that already and it didnt work, haha.

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. ::SKRO::

::SKRO:: Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +972 / 0 / -0
    Will see when I'll add you Jabba the Hutt as weight handicap...

Attached Files:

10. James Nance

Ratings:
    +301 / 0 / -0
    :sob:

11. James Nance

Ratings:
    +301 / 0 / -0
    Besides I enjoy the fight back up and look forward to it :triumph:

12. Matt Golder

Matt Golder New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    - Ability to set Race to be of specific lap length instead of timed

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. nonomnismoriar

nonomnismoriar Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    - agree with all of the above!
    +
    - the ability to add AI-drivers to the grid (and of course choose their strength)!!!!!

14. Gil Ritter

Gil Ritter Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    For the reverse grid option we need the support for the two race format in general.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Ocaso Dorado

Ocaso Dorado Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    Eliminate useless servers spams, where no people join ever. And fix all related pit stops soon.

In addittion, classes don't recognize other classes rules.

16. Ernie

Ernie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    Feedback/suggestions:
    • Option to let players complete their laps after session has ended. No automatic switching after X seconds. Maybe only if all cars has stopped for a few seconds.
    • Add a small period of time (1-2 min would be enough) (or just a warmup session) between qualify and race session. So people can check their car setups again or define a pit strategy.
    • Option to make a Reconnaissance lap.

PS: Not a suggestion, but i would really appreciate, if the the join lag could be removed (or reduced at least).

• Agree Agree x 1