Question Dedicated Server in Azure Cloud

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Racki, Oct 30, 2015.

1. Racki

Racki Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +131 / 0 / -0
    Hi there,

I am active in a German/Austrian/Swiss racing community and we are about to start some R3E events aswell.

Would be great if you could help me with some issues...
    1. I am hosting in the Microsoft Azure Cloud and pay for active server hours. Everytime I turn on the server I get a new IP, but keep the hostname. Could the secret key IP registration become a problem for me or others?
    2. Because of (1) I always have to start the Server config from scratch. However when I click on save I can see there is some JSON formatted config shown for a second. Is there a way to edit this config directly?
    3. When I create a server and shut down the machine, the chosen servername seems not to be reusable anymore. Therefore I have to delete the servers before shutdown. Can you confirm that?
    4. Dou you have any sort of system requirements for the server? how much bandwidth should be available for x users?
    5. I could not find a known issues list for the server. Is there such a thing? Last time i had configured rolling start but we have got a standing start (in combination with ADAC rules)

thanks for support!

2. Racki

Racki Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +131 / 0 / -0
    Has anyone information to these questions pls?