Question Dedicated server settings

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by SamuTnT, Jun 5, 2020.

1. SamuTnT

SamuTnT New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Hi all, is there a guide explaining allte the parameters that can be set on a dedicated server?

I know that most of them are self explanatory but there are some which i'm not sure of.. two of them are:

RACE FINISH DURATION (is that the interval between two races? or the time after the last car passes the finish line and the server will proceed to the next race?)

CHECKERED AFTER TIME (this is the time that the checkered flag is out starting from the first car to pass the finish line? so the race will end even if the last car is still going?)

Thanks!

2. LTC Gaming

LTC Gaming Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    I believe it's like this:

RACE FINISH DURATION: The time after p1 finishes the race, before the race officially ends. You can use this to allow the people behind to finish their last lap.

CHECKERED AFTER TIME: The time after everyone finishes the race, before proceeding to the next session or event.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. NL-Jos

NL-Jos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +182 / 0 / -0
    RACE FINISH DURATION: is the time you set and wil start when the leader have finishing the race
    CHECKERED AFTER TIME: is the time you set and wil start when the time of the race is over

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. SamuTnT

SamuTnT New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    ok so.. to summarize, with RACE FINISH DURATION set to 120 and CHECKERED AFTER TIME is set to 60, when the first crosses the finish line the others have 2 minutes to finish the race, after those 2 minutes there is another minute to finish the race, again, so total of 3 minutes? or the 60 seconds are from end of race1 and beginning of race2? and if not, how can we set the amount of time between race?

...seems a bit confusing honestly..

5. NL-Jos

NL-Jos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +182 / 0 / -0
    You're right that's a bit confusing
    Normaly you say that you can choose between those two
    I don't now wich of the two is leading when you set both
    We only use Race Finish Duration and let the other off

6. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    If you run a server and are sure about this option being the time the other players are given to finish the race after the leader has crossed the line then the checkered after time option allows you to set a time when the race should definitely be over regardless of what the leader and everybody else do. To explain it a bit better ill give an example. Say you run 17 minute races on the nordschleife vln and the leader starts his third lap a minute before the normal race time would expire. For whatever reason you dont want a race session on your server to last more than 20 minutes tho. In that case you can set checkered after time to 3 minutes. That means that 3 minutes after the normal 17 minutes are over the race will just end, regardless of where everyone is on track and regardless of whether the leader has actually crossed the line. Positions at that moment will be taken and the gaps are not correctly shown on the results screen afaik. Not quite sure why anybody would use that option but thats what it does :D

• Useful Useful x 1
  7. NL-Jos

NL-Jos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +182 / 0 / -0
    The reason that we only use Race Finish Duration is that everybody wil finish the race.
    Of course w're setting the time so that normaly everyone can finish.
    It's a bit sad when you choose for checkered after time if you have (for example) an endurance race of 4 houres on the nordschleife and it ends when you drive somewhere
    It doesn't matter where you drive, but normaly you want to see the finish line, I gues

8. MC_Hammer_82

MC_Hammer_82 Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    Does anyone know. If I only use the "checkered flag after time" option is there this huge timer in middle of the screen like with "race finish duration"?

9. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    Pretty sure its there as well, although it may be there for a shorter period of time. For some reason i believe only for the last 30 seconds before the race is ended but im not sure if thats actually the case.

10. MC_Hammer_82

MC_Hammer_82 Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    Thx, I will try