Dedicated Server Suggestion

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RWB Rodders, Oct 30, 2019.

1. RWB Rodders

RWB Rodders Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Firstly let me say that the upgrades to the dedicated server the past several months have been excellent. I was surprised how limited options were about a year ago when my club started playing Raceroom but the changes have been great. Big thanks and kudos to the devs - you've turned the most stable and sharpest sim racing dedi server I've ever ran into one that also helps admins run the show.

I have a suggestion for a further improvement. I appreciate I have no idea how hard this would be to code but don't ask..... :)

It's great that you can kick and ban players now - I see that as an essential tool for a responsible admin to run a public lobby. However the practical options atm are either do nothing or kick the player; it would be good to have a half way option. Something like cut a drivers car power in half for 10 seconds; basically an admin slap that at least gives the driver a chance to wonder what they done wrong.

Yes I know some admins will abuse it but bad admins end up with dead lobbies and people get to know the good places to race so that aspect largely looks after itself.

Cheers.

• Like Like x 1