Question Degrees of Rotation

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Wolfgang Janich, Jun 24, 2021.

1. Wolfgang Janich

Wolfgang Janich New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I really like RaceRoom but I can´t understand why I always have to change the DoR in the driver of the wheel (I have an VRS DD) when I change cars to match the steering of the car. is there no easier way to set it one time and it fits forever ?

2. BeefMcQueen

BeefMcQueen Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +183 / 0 / -0
    Hi Wolfgang. For some wheels the steering angle of a chosen car is automatically transmitted to the driver software. That seems not to be the case for the VRS DD. So unfortunately you have to set the angle manually to match driver and game every time you change to a different car (with different angle).
    To set a value somewhere and then forget about it, would only work if you alter the car specific steering angles in the setup menu to match your preferred driver setting. But I would highly advise to not do that. Imagine setting the steering angle of the Classic Carrera cup (900° default) to 540° for example, that would not only make the steering very twitchy, it would also increase steering forces massively, due to a longer ratio. The other way around, a 360° open wheeler also just doesn't make sense with a way too 'slow' 540° steering (and if you keep it at 360°, you'd have no softstop before cranking the wheel to 540°)
    So I think quickly adjusting the value in the driver is the minor evil...

Oli

3. Wolfgang Janich

Wolfgang Janich New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    ok, thanks for your answer. at least now I can stop searching :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +92 / 0 / -0
    This issue doesn't happen with a Fanatec wheel, whatever the car DoR is, it adapts accordingly.

5. FormelLMS

FormelLMS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    Isn’t it possible to alter the rcs files with device id and angle? @devs