Deletion of Leaderboard Entries 02-05-2016

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Sonat Ozturk, May 2, 2016.

1. Sonat Ozturk

Sonat Ozturk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,012 / 0 / -0
    Hi all,

You might have noticed that some of your recent Leaderboard entries are no longer there.

Unfortunately due to an exploit introduced with our patch at the end of March, some of the top positions were somewhat tainted. The exploit was fixed with our April patch but it was usable throughout the month.

To ensure that the Leaderboards contain no entries achieved with an unfair exploit, we decided to clear all the entries that were created since our end of March patch.

This meant close to 35.000 entries were removed from the Leaderboards this morning (which was the reason for our sneaky short maintenance). A lot of the laptimes were done in all fairness but unfortunately it would have been hard for us to go through each individual entry to confirm.

We hope that you understand the situation and accept our sincere apologies.

• Like x 10
    • Agree x 2
    • Informative x 2
    • Love it! x 1
    • Useful x 1
  2. Sven Blumenthal

Sven Blumenthal Active Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
  3. marshma11ow8

marshma11ow8 Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    You sneaky short maintenance right when I wanted to play :p

4. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    EDIT Im an idiot

• Funny Funny x 1
    Last edited: May 3, 2016
  5. Sven Blumenthal

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    Not all times were removed only these after the patch end of march as Sonat described. But unfortunately they didn't tested enough the reset before bringing it live ;)

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. Mauricio JP Salles

Mauricio JP Salles Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    It's okay to make a new lap time but the car, my preference, should appear again.
    I made new time with Farfus BMW M4 DTM 2014 in mode Raceroom Experience, but in these track I turned ghost and I not appear in leaderboard:
    EuroSpeedway Lausitz GP; Hockeinheimring GP; Nordschleife-Noedschleife; Nürburging Sprint; Red BullRing Spielberg GP; Spa Francorchamps GP and Suzuka Circuit GP.
    All of them I was in 1st place.
    Where I never raced like Monza, my BMW M4 goes well and I can see myself.
    So where is my BMW?
    Please give me back that is my.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Sven Blumenthal

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    Yeah it is also ok for me to drive again for some entries in leaderboards but I hope they can fix that issue so I also can make new entries with cars I already had some entries before the reset.

I will keep my fingers cross for you :)

Last edited: May 3, 2016
  8. Mauricio JP Salles

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Sven, big dog friend, I believe that our feedback are important for R3E team. The more details will be easier to identify the problem. I cross my fingers for the whole team that is always improving and correcting this addictive simulator. The conclusion is that to get the lap time also took the car. So Please R3E take heed to us.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    Personally I think the whole board should just be wiped, especially after the physics update, but would have to be timed when the competition events finish.

10. Sonat Ozturk

Sonat Ozturk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,012 / 0 / -0
    We believe we found the issue and patched the server. Can you try now and confirm whether your laptimes get saved?

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  11. Sven Blumenthal

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    Well done ! Awesome ! It works now. Thx so much for that fast patch. Sector3, you are simply the best team on earth :)

• Like Like x 2
  12. Mauricio JP Salles

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    No one better, simply the best and now I have all my cars. Thank you so much Sector 3.
    Hey, someone could give me a hint. How do I know if my car is scraping on the floor and I'm wasting time?

• Like Like x 1