News Development notes - November 2023

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by J-F Chardon, Nov 17, 2023.

1. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  2. Wilko Jones

Wilko Jones Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +80 / 0 / -0
    While this makes sense and saddens me, I'm looking forward to what the outcome is. I only hope the end result isn't as frustrating as the X22 on the old tire model. At least with the new tires, I can feel when the tires are about to break traction. It's weird, but even the Greenwood is a lot more tolerable with the new physics. So maybe the change in downforce on the X22 won't be so bad? Fingers crossed.

3. Jozsef Nagy

Jozsef Nagy New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    This is censorship Andi!:eek:

4. Andi Goodwin

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    it would only be censorship if it was something intelligent ; and it wasnt

Andi

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. ShortyBuzzGER

ShortyBuzzGER Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -0
    It would be easier to answer our questions so that we could actually help or fix things and not this back and forth of message something and being deleted....

6. Janos Kovacs

Janos Kovacs Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    It is already how it was before :(

7. Jozsef Nagy

Jozsef Nagy New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I said... Out of control.

8. Papa Emeritus

Papa Emeritus New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Thank you Mr. Nagy, now you have explained it to us!

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  9. Wilko Jones

Wilko Jones Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +80 / 0 / -0
    Play with your engine maps. Seriously, it's the difference between insta-spin and being able to work with the throttle to accelerate out of a corner. ;)

Now I have to get my Fanatec McLaren steering wheel back up and running. But that is a complaint for another thread. :D

10. Jozsef Nagy

Jozsef Nagy New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Willingly! :D

• Useful Useful x 1
  11. Jason Carlson

Jason Carlson Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    I like the new tire model, with the Porsche Carrera cup, you can feel the road better, not so snappy. 944 is also very good.
    I like it with the GT4 class: BMW, Audi, KTM, McLaren. I do not like it with the Caymen. Something is off with massive off throttle oversteer that requires a lot of setup changes to make driveable. The AI is struggling with the Caymen too, every race the Caymen's are dead last as a group. Like to see this tweaked a little bit.
    Imola with GT4's has some issues. Couldn't get a qualifying lap in, kept on saying I was off the track in the last chicane on top of the hill. The message pops up as the pavement changes, every time no matter if you are 100% on the track or not. In the race, no track boundaries worked, it never once deleted my lap times, but it also wouldn't record any of the lap times to Otterhub.
    Finally, Watkns Glen GT4 is way too fast, not even realistic. They drive around me on the outside like a rolling chicane. Need to take 4-5 seconds per lap out.
    So some good, some not so good. Can't wait for next update. Thanks.

12. FeltHλt

FeltHλt Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +479 / 0 / -0
    can u send a pic where you get that offtrack? do i understand it correctly, you got cuts in quali but no in race, althought otter didnt register laps in quali as well? can you try the same without otter?

13. Jason Carlson

Jason Carlson Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    I can grab a screen shot the next time I have it set up to race, it might be a couple of days. This is coming out of the last cicane, 3 turns from the finish. There is the runoff to the right and as you get to the end of that, no matter where you are on the width of the track, it pops up next lap time invalid. I went very slow right in the middle of the track and got the message, no tires where near the white line. No pop ups came up during the race and I ran off the track on purpose and the lap timer kept counting with no cut warnings. I also ran the 944 at Imola with no issues, just the GT4 (I was running the KTM at the time). I will also try without otter and report back. Thanks for looking into this.

14. Jason Carlson

Jason Carlson Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Here's the screen shot from the .vcr file. Imola.png

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  15. FeltHλt

Ratings:
    +479 / 0 / -0
    I couldnt replicate it, but i have some leads. Lemme know when it happens again, either this spot or other

16. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    Server admin blocked you?

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  17. Jozsef Nagy

Jozsef Nagy New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Illegally! Not informed! What is the reason?!

18. Andi Goodwin

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    15. ONLINE CONDUCT
    The Product may include social interaction features, such as messaging systems and chatrooms. Your online conduct and interactions with other subscribers should be guided by common sense and etiquette. RaceRoom is not able to avoid any illegal or unlawful content, in particular comments or expressions made in chats or posted in internet forums without prior knowledge of RaceRoom. RaceRoom merely acts as an intermediary service provider, and does not assume any responsibility or liability for such content. You are personally liable for the use of such features with your account and the Product, including but not limited to, use of chat and messaging services provided by RaceRoom or its licensors. You further agree and understand that RaceRoom may, upon receiving complaints, remove any posts made by you and, if it so deems appropriate, suspend or terminate your account as a result, and where required provide the relevant law enforcement authorities with information that may be required to investigate any criminal or illegal actions performed by you and to retain the relevant information.

Attached Files:

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. Jozsef Nagy

Jozsef Nagy New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Ridiculous! I have been threatened with death several times here
    May I know how long it will take? They weren't even notified in advance. This is an omission!
    Why were you not informed?!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 7, 2024
  20. FeltHλt

Ratings:
    +479 / 0 / -0
    Would you be so kind to not spam? If needed, edit your previous message. As i understand it, thats ranked ban, why posting that in development notes thread?