Problem Displayed steering lock is insufficient

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by fischhaltefolie, Nov 2, 2016.

1. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    Hi, does any one else have the impression, that the displayed steering lock is inadequate. This occured to me, when I was watching some replays with gt3 cars. When driving a tight corner, it looked like some matchbox cars without any steering.
    The pictures below show some gtr3 cars with maximum steering lock to the left. This cannot be argued with toe angle and should be improved.
    Any chance?;)

upload_2016-11-2_17-17-34.png
    BMW Z4 GT3, if you were asking me, he'd nerver make this corner!
    upload_2016-11-2_17-18-0.png
    Audi R8 LMS GT3

BMW M3 E30 DTM does it slightly better
    upload_2016-11-2_17-18-17.png

In comparison irl picture of a z4 gt3
    upload_2016-11-2_17-33-46.png

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Gerbuho

Gerbuho Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +264 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, I've noticed that recently.

3. Christoph

Christoph Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +83 / 0 / -0
    i'll check it tonight for the GTR3 cars

• Like Like x 1
  4. Mich Angel

Mich Angel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +216 / 0 / -0
    Well I say driving this game just get better and better but when it come to the replay it is so bad I hurl watching replays. They havn\t fixed the replays and they still get cut off before all cars get finished and as you so nice put it the wheels are not turning right always. Car more slide around corner sometime not always but more often than it should.. it just look so 1990 car game when that happen..
    So wish they could fix the replay theatre to match the awesome driving experiance.. <(

5. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Interesting find. Did you take those pics while the car was at a standstill or while driving?
    Did you take them while hot on track or from a replay?
    Does it look the same in different cameras or is it just the sidemounted one?

6. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    Hi Christian,
    sorry for the late answer, but I was quite busy today (building up a rig :D)
    First, it seems to appear only in replays, no matter if the car moves or stands still. The sidemounted and TV cams look worst imo, the wheel cam shows little more lock. All a bit strange.
    Something for the betas?

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, will make sure to have a look at this. I asked about the driving state cause while driving naturally the steering angle needed to take a corner will reduce, but if it also happens while standing still then that's not the way it should be.

And as Andi explained in yourt other thread, your reports are always welcome and every one of them is being acknowledged even if the devs or we don't comment on it straight away. We do follow the forum quite closely. So please do keep the reports coming, it's better to have an issue reported twice than not having it reported at all.

• Agree Agree x 1