Question Divisions & inner workings?

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Azfalt Raser, Apr 29, 2017.

1. Azfalt Raser

Azfalt Raser Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    Could someone please explain how Divisions work?

As I understand, people on the leaderboards are divided into divisions based on their laptimes.
    It is some sort of percentage range 107%? within the fastest person's laptime?
    Each car/track combo requires at least 100 entries before divisions are shown? Is that correct?

What happens if I am categorized as Division 1, for a car/track combo, and no Aliens have posted laps (on that leaderboards) - then - I enter a race as a Division 1 racer and an Alien shows up and is 4 or 5 seconds faster than my qualifying time? Am I automatically moved to Division 2/3 based on the percent range? Or do I race as Division 1 because I am listed that way on the leaderboard?

I'm probably a mid-pack Division 2 racer, so I was just curious how this works.

2. Case

Case Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +104 / 0 / -0
    Does it even work, though? I mean, do the divisions have any impact on your racing currently? I don't think so.

3. ChatCureuil

ChatCureuil Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +308 / 0 / -0
    Divisions stay on leaderboard, it's not some kind of Reputation Score that you find in other games. This stuff is coming in R3E but is actually only in an internal testing state.
    In WTCC eSport competition, leaderboard determines the race you'll participate in.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Azfalt Raser

Azfalt Raser Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    oh okay. thanks for the info.

5. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Divisions 2 are 2% off fastest lap time in div 1 etc etc

6. Kitsune Magyar

Kitsune Magyar Professional Betatester Developer

Ratings:
    +9,236 / 0 / -0
    Divisions and You - A brief Guide

The fastest laptime is the basis for all divisions. For simplicity, in this example the fastest time is exactly two minutes or 120 seconds.

Division one will include everyone that is no more than 2% slower. With a top time at 120 seconds, that means that anyone that is within 2.4 seconds of that time is in Division 1.

Each additional Division is following this formula.

Division 1
    Fastest laptime (Still 120 sec for this example) + anyone that is less than 2% (2.4 sec) slower.

Division 2
    More than 2% (2.4 sec) slower but less than 4% (4.8 sec) slower.

• Like Like x 1
  7. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Did I not say that! :D

8. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    One could interpret your answer in a way that each division leaders time poses the reference time for the next division. But as Kitsune said, it's the overall best time that's the basis for all divisions. ;)

9. Kitsune Magyar

Kitsune Magyar Professional Betatester Developer

Ratings:
    +9,236 / 0 / -0
    I wrote this guide down weeks ago and I couldn't waste this great opportunity to use it. :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  10. skswat

skswat Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    I actually dont see point of separate those leaderboards into divisions. What is reason to make it like that? In the past when I was doing hotlaps I could exactly see what was my real position in total. Now I see that I am for example 5th... but in some division 3, which I dont know a sh*t how many places I am from the real 1st place.
    I would like to have atleast option to select what kind of view you want to show. Divisions or total.

11. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    It's one of the first cornerstones towards a professional multiplayer environment, including driver ratings etc. which will use this division structure as a base (at least that's what I think, no official announcement).
    I see your point tho and I've put in a request to make it possible for a user to see his overall position. (which you can for friends and VIPs, just hover over their icon in the slide bar above the leaderboards)

12. skswat

skswat Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    Cool, thanks :)

• Like Like x 1