DLC and Steam.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by samyxite, Feb 4, 2017.

1. samyxite

samyxite Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Another thing, I purchased the DLC WTCC exp. on steam. The in game promo was announcing a bunch of tracks that I really wanted to play. I ended up with a smaller DLC half the number of trakcs... Can someone explain what I did wrong?

2. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    which DLC have you bought exactly? The WTCC 2015 Season Pack in Steam Store?

3. samyxite

samyxite Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    yes indeed I assumed it was the wtcc 2015 experience pack...

4. m.bohlken

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    more or less... From WTCC there never was a full experience available, as not all Tracks from WTCC are in R3E.

With the WTCC-Pack you've bought you should have gotten these Tracks:
    Hungaroring
    Nordschleife
    Moscow
    Slovakiaring
    Paul Ricard
    Shanghai
    Buriram

5. samyxite

samyxite Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    is it possible to get raceroom packs without going through Steam? it seems that the steam content is just a rip off the original one...

6. m.bohlken

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. samyxite

samyxite Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Thanks, great info!

• Like Like x 1
  8. AlleyViper

AlleyViper Active Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    On the raceroomstore.com (games tab) you can also buy the whole DTM, ADAC or WTCC experiences for 23.99€ each, which is also quite less than the ingame/store vrp price that sets you a bit over 30€ -- these seem to have been added recently. These are very useful if you don't have much overlapping content to discount in the ingame/store packs. Steam's WTCC 2015 cars+tracks DLC or ADAC 2014 cars+tracks DLC at regular price are the worst option to buy them.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2017
  9. m.bohlken

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    on Raceroomstore.com you can buy 10.000vRP for 65€. With that you can buy the Premium-Pack which contains every item available in the store. That would be a very good option, too. Especially if you consider to buy the latest WTCC, ADAC and DTM-Packs in one step.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Z28Speed

Z28Speed New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I have got the DTM 2016 and WTCC 2015 from raceroom store better deal than steam. But I can't run the tracks in these two packs in single player says I have to buy am I missing something?

11. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Can you link the exact packs that you bought?

The WTCC 15 and DTM 16 packs do not include tracks. They only include all the cars and liveries. The WTCC 15 pack on steam is a bit different since it does include some tracks (so the price would also be higher to reflect this). There is not a DTM 16 pack on Steam from what I can tell.

12. Z28Speed

Z28Speed New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for reply well that answers that WOW so you have to buy tracks to. If you go into championship and pick DTM16 or WTCC15 and start event it let you run on there tracks then?

13. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    If those are the packs you bought, then yes, you will have to buy tracks separately. Since those packs I listed above only include cars.

Once you buy some tracks though, you can use them in any game mode. So, single player, multi-player, leaderboards, competitions, or in custom championships :)