Problem Double Upshifting

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by pfoetiman, Mar 9, 2020.

1. pfoetiman

pfoetiman Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Hello, I have the following problem. Sometimes when I shift up, it shift’s up double. I tried Assetto Corsa and I had no problems. I deleted R3E and did a clean re-install. Same problem. Any idea? The problem began a couple of days after the last update.

2. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    If you go into your control options there is a double shift protection setting. Raise that number slightly.

3. pfoetiman

pfoetiman Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for your answer. I did it yesterday. I even raised it up to the maximum. But the error happened. I just tried an other steering wheel and I had no problems. Then I went back to the steering wheel with the problems. It happened directly. Then a couple of rounds no problems in the last lap it happened 6 or 7 times. I am using a SimLine GT Wheel on a SC2.

4. Badgerous

Badgerous Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +223 / 0 / -0
    Are you using JoyToKey for anything? I was in a strange place recently where I'd ended up doubling up on inputs, and it took a while to realise the issue was down to how I'd set that up.

5. pfoetiman

pfoetiman Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    No I don’t use it. But thanks for your answer. I did a little test with the game controller settings and it looks like the micro switch for the upshift function has a problem. When I pull the paddle slowly sometimes the light of the button in the game controller settings flickers. I have contacted the reseller and I wait for his answer.

6. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    I have a simline wheel that I am in the process of rebuilding. The shifter microswitches in mine were really poor quality. I guess that's why these wheels were cheap....