Bug Drive through penalties make the AI retire the car

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by majuh, Apr 6, 2017.

1. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    I just did a race with WTCC 2016 cars on RaceRoom Raceway (Classic layout) and two AI cars got a drive through penalty for cutting the track. After the race, they were listed as DNF so I checked the replay. They both drove through the pitlane two laps after they had received the penalty, but another lap later, they again entered the pitlane, drove to their garage and retired the car.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Paul Darke

Paul Darke Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +249 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for reporting this.

3. Paul Darke

Ratings:
    +249 / 0 / -0
    Just tested this. Same track and cars. 3 AI had drive through for cutting the track but only 2 retired.

4. Andy Blade

Andy Blade Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    Funny everyone moans for ai to act more human ? Obviously these 2 ai guys replicated a normal online multiplayer experience in that as soon as someone goes off track or gets drive thru they rage quit ? Lmao !!! ;)
    More seriously I know Paul is testing as I type , remember bugs happen they will get ironed out :)

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Paul Darke

Ratings:
    +249 / 0 / -0
    I have reported this problem/bug

6. Don Rudi

Don Rudi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +284 / 0 / -0
    I'd like to add a few observations.
    I just did a 2 heat WTCC 2016 race at Monza, AI at 110%.
    In race 1 all cars except one received drive throughs, a number of them retired.
    In race 2 all cars except two received drive throughs, 12 of 20 AI retired!

The penalties are way to harsh. As it seems, AI gets a drive through penalty right away without prior warnings. The first penalties popped up in the very first turn after the start others popped up when I was behind a car and saw he was slightly cutting. In all instances one can rule out that there were prior warnings.
    As much as I like winning, but I would prefer to beat them on the track and not because the complete field gets penalized ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    There are alot of bad cutting track warnings on alot of tracks, it should be 4 wheels off track but I have put 1 wheel off track and get a warning and this was before the flag system. I really get the feeling this flag system wasn't tested that well, but then again there was so much pressure from some of the community for the Devs to get it released, probably why it's not up to scratch.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Many people dont realize how complex the flag system is and all the logic that needs to go into the code to get it to function well... Taking into account scenario A, scenario B, scenario C, etc. All while properly penalizing people and working correctly without DQ'ing minor infractions.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    Oh I do nate seen it done before, but it sure can't or hasn't helped the amount of demanding post continuously pestering for the release of it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Mr_Mints_Taboo

Mr_Mints_Taboo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152 / 0 / -0
    Nah, it's simple. Blue flag - faster car approaching, Yellow flag...blah blah....

Same as the law. If you are caught thieving, you are punished. Simple.
    Unless you wear a nice suit to the trial, or you are really sorry (according to your lawyer), or you've done it before and it's not a crime it's a 'condition'. Or you own up like a good boy/girl/other, and mention the 12 other incidents they weren't quite able to pin on you.
    Or.....well I'm sure we can all fill in some more.

Systems(even complex ones) are simple, until people are introduced (even pretend people (AI) can foul it up for us.)

Suddenly it's all "what if" and "suppose....".

And then you have to explain it to a computer, a machine more fanatical about proper syntax than me?
    Good luck to the Devs.

Until you get Judge Judy* onto the staff, I can see this being an ongoing headache.

*Rinder would get the right answer, but it would take far too long to get there.
    Random thought : What if Judge Rinder supplied the commentary on the formula one**, just the once. I'd pay to watch that!:)

** Capital letters undeserved, IMO.

Ooh, that was a lot of words - please take none of it seriously.

11. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    Today I did a race with WTCC 2017 cars in Macau and 2 AI cars did not finish. I checked the replay and they simply went into the pits at some point and retired the car. Cut track penalties were off and flag rules were set to full, but I didn't notice anything unusual in the laps before they retired. Maybe it's a problem similar to the one in my original post. I attached the log, maybe you can see the reason in it.

Attached Files: