Bug Drive through penalty [Zandvoort]

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Arcson, Jun 29, 2018.

1. Arcson

Arcson Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    Hello racers!

I'm running a nice, quite competetive championship with AI. Among the rules I used, I decided to turn on a mandatory pitstop. And well... today it was a time to race in Zandvoort. My driving was consistent and surprisingly fast (compared to previous results from the past), AI was clean and smooth, so that it was even more enjoyable... until heading to the box. As soon as I left the service lane I got a drive through penalty which in fact was ruining all my effort. I thought it was because of excessive speed in a lane, but after watching a replay I couldn't agree. I slowed down just before the line and accelerated after I crossed the lights. Take a look:

Is it some track related bug, or am I missing something? Isn't the first white line the border where I should be under 80 kph?

2. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    If you look at your speed indicator, your speed goes over 80 km/h several times... I find this annoying too, the pit speed limiter allows the car to be faster than the required limit. One solution is to be more gentle with the throttle, or shifting up into second gear when you reach ~80km/h

3. Arcson

Arcson Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    Oh, so the 2nd gear is the solution... you're right, it sometimes reaches 81-82 kph. I thought being on a pit limiter - Im "safe". Nothing more to explain here I guess

4. Thomas Jansen

Thomas Jansen KW Studios Developer Beta tester

Ratings:
    +563 / 0 / -0
    This jumping over the pit limiter does not cause penalties anymore, I think on Zandvoort the actual pit limit line on the exit is beyond that white line. I’ll see if we can get it fixed :)

5. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    As a rule of thumb, you should disable your pit limiter when the pit speed popup disappears. Maybe you disabled it too early.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1