Problem Driver list duplicates

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by DawdlingDan, Aug 15, 2015.

1. DawdlingDan

DawdlingDan New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Hello, I have an issue with duplicate drivers (see screenshot). It happens every time I start a race and always the same list. Is this a known issue? Any way to resolve?

Raceroom_issue.png

2. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    That's interesting, can you tell us any more about the race setup? Number of cars, your car, number of cars you own in that class, etc?

Cheers

3. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    Reto Meisel is the driver of the Carlsson SLK 340 Judd. So this appears to be the Hillclimb Icons class. This class contains only two different cars, one livery each. So repetitive drivers in this class are somewhat to be expected. :D

But still I wonder why there is not a single 134 Judd V8 in the list. Should be about 50/50 at least... ;)

The cars you own in a given class don't matter. You should always be able to see all cars and liveries in a single player race or training. You just can't drive anything you didn't buy yourself.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Rodger Davies

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    True Arthur, but that's a change to how it used to be. If it is the class with the Judds in though, that would explain it, IF this is a full grid of 22 or more, then the other car would be on the second page (ordered by car #).

5. DawdlingDan

DawdlingDan New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I didn't realise the drivers were real life drivers, I assumed they were generic and randomly generated.
    It was a 24 car grid with the two judds and yes there was a second driver on the next page, positions 12-23.
    So it's because there are only two drivers for that class, all now makes sense :)

6. Rodger Davies

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    I'm not sure that they're all real, but situations like this stem from the game originally being created for online/hotlapping use only. For the first year or so, all cars only had very few skins available. Only recently (the last year), since AI was added, have they started filling out classes with enough liveries that the AI can choose different ones.

So far, only the following classes have more than 24 liveries (enough for a full grid to have no duplicates):

GTR2
    GTR3
    Group 5
    DTM 1992
    GT Masters 2013
    Touring Classics
    BMW M1 Procar

The following multiple liveries (between 12 and 22), but not quite 24, so you need to turn down the number of opponents:
    GTR1
    GT Masters 2014
    WTCC 2013
    WTCC 2014
    Daytona Prototype
    Radical SR9
    DTM 2013
    DTM 2014

GTR2 used to have a handy indicator as to whether you had too many opponents selected, where the number in the menu turned red when it was over. Hopefully we'll see something like this added in future.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2015